New Train Set.....

Started by Dock Shunter, February 28, 2016, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Ditape

Diane Tape

N-Gauge-US

Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

MikeDunn

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on February 28, 2016, 11:05:29 AM
Yes, rather poor taste ...  :hmmm:

.......but sadly, thanks to certain nutjob members of the public, a distinct possibility and one that only plays into the hands of those who'd like to see steam banned from the national network.

JasonBz

It may not be in the best of taste, but with the number of idiots on the railway causing half the ECML to be on Stop(according to the press) It could have been carnage.

scotsoft

I see it as it is meant to be - a joke!

Whether it is bad taste or not depends on the individual and if you don't like it there are plenty other threads you can read and just ignore this one.

Cheers John.

MikeDunn

Why not see it as Hornby would ?  As a slur on their name ?

We're fortunate that they aren't a US firm, else this Forum would likely be sued by them, having this modified image of their IP rights ...

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: MikeDunn on February 28, 2016, 12:06:59 PM
Why not see it as Hornby would ?  As a slur on their name ?

We're fortunate that they aren't a US firm, else this Forum would likely be sued by them, having this modified image of their IP rights ...

Hardly. Parody is strongly protected by First Amendment rights in the US and Internet memes like this are so commonplace (literally hundreds of thousands are produced daily), that pursuing them would be a legal nightmare. This is a parody, poking fun at the idiotic individuals who jeapordized their own safety and that of others, utilizing Hornby's well known products as a frame. Absolutely nothing about this should bother Hornby, as it is not a commentary on their products at all. You don't have to think it is funny but it is hardly a slur on Hornby or horribly inappropriate.
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

G_N_E_R

The blood spattered 91 would be interesting, although probably still the 90's tooling  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I'll still buy the vtec set perhaps..
Kindest Regards
Phil

Agrippa

Services suspended due to wrong kind of blood on the line............
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations