Revolution Trains Mystery Project

Started by Thorpe Parva, September 15, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben A

Hello all,

Sorry to disappoint, but it's not steam.

When you look at the complaints and problems even experienced manufacturers have, steam loco chassis with outside motion appear to us to be a whole world of pain that, right now, we don't want to get into.

cheers

Ben A.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: Ben A on September 16, 2016, 02:26:31 PM

Hello all,

When you look at the complaints and problems even experienced manufacturers have, steam loco chassis with outside motion appear to us to be a whole world of pain that, right now, we don't want to get into.

cheers

Ben A.

So its not GT3 either then.....

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Karhedron

Quote from: Ben A on September 16, 2016, 02:26:31 PM

Ah well, I wasn't getting my hopes up too high anyway.  :'(

I know that you and Mike are both modern image modelers and your output naturally reflects the subjects that you know most about.

How about a D600 Warship?  :angel:

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

red_death

Can we kill off the idea that we will only do modern models? The reality is that we only have capacity to produce a few models per year and we have a potentials list as long as my arm! That certainly includes models that are in no way modern!

It is a fine balance between picking something not being done by Farish or Dapol yet still being popular enough to produce.

Apart from the technical difficulties of producing a Stirling Single, sorry steam engine, the thing that troubles us most is what steam engines are the obvious choices (bearing in mind the need to sell 1000)? The same is true of the remaining diesel/electrics (much as I'd love to do 81-85!). Make a compelling case and we will consider it (as we have other things outside of our interests - 2 of 6 projects so far).

Cheers

Mike

Newportnobby

Please tell me it's not an EM1 electric or an AM10 EMU and at least I'll know I won't have to fund/build another pigging layout! :worried:

Cape Town Trev

Quote from: Only Me on September 15, 2016, 09:34:53 PM
I want to say something here but I can't sorry lol

:D

Cue the Benny Hill Music!!
I know you want to buy us all one of the new release.
It must be hard not being able to.  :D

railsquid

OK, I reckon it will be a diesel-hydraulic Stirling Single 3rd-rail pickup AC multiple unit merry-go-round hopper pre-grouping transition era railcar available in NSE, EWS and Scotrail liveries.

Am I close?

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on September 16, 2016, 04:57:45 PM
OK, I reckon it will be a diesel-hydraulic Stirling Single 3rd-rail pickup AC multiple unit merry-go-round hopper pre-grouping transition era railcar available in NSE, EWS and Scotrail liveries.

Am I close?

Drat - I wanted a DRS liveried one of those :'( :'(

Ben A

Hello all,

Yes, I want to underline what Mike says.  Steam locos do present a particular set of challenges and the fact is neither Mike nor I have the skill set to be confident that we could identify and correct issues on a steam loco.

However, we are into our second transition era model now and I am quite excited by these - I think they are an attractive wagon and are interesting as they straddle that change from old, vacuum fitted, removable tanks to the more modern mono bloc designs. 

Cheers

Ben A.

Izzy

It's going to be a Class 309 EMU......range of liveries, different cab fronts, choice of 2/4/6/8/10/12 car sets, used elsewhere than the GE in latter years......... 

...... well you can dream can't you?

Izzy

CaleyDave

What ever it is I have yet to decide if I hope for it to be something I want or Something I don't Want.   :P

Quote from: Ben A on September 15, 2016, 09:51:00 PM
The TEAs are now imminent, and as a small thank you we are arranging things so our TEA customers will be the first to learn officially about the next project...

I managed to avoid buying a Pendolino based on the maximum length of my platforms then someone told me about selective door opening and how they could still stop at my station.
If you do decide to give those who purchased the TEA's a hint or preview are the TEA's due before or after the pendolino order book closes?
Asking for a Friend, who has no money but is considering a purchase he cant afford nor needs for his layout, who is looking for a distraction after you tempted him further by keeping the books open longer despite him being a good boy* with his money :-X

(* If we ignore all those 320's  >:D)

Adam1701D

Think you'll have to let the cat out of the bag soon, before the forum melts down!  :D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Ben A

Quote from: CaleyDave on September 16, 2016, 08:22:34 PM.
If you do decide to give those who purchased the TEA's a hint or preview are the TEA's due before or after the pendolino order book closes?

Hi CaleyDave

The TEA tankers will definitely be here before the Pendolino book closes.  They left the factory last weekend...

Cheers

Ben A.

Mustermark

It's not steam... So maybe it's gas turbine?

Go on, tell me it's a shrink of Rapido's fabulous APT-E, go on, pleeeease!

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations