Forum Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 05, 2011, 10:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

The forum will be upgraded tomorrow and will be down for an unknown amount of time.  This will be for the benefit of us all!  :)

galway

I'm not sure if the upgrade has taken place, but If this is the new layout, I'm finding it very hard to read, maybe its just my PC?

Paul
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Mustermark

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.  The upgrade is done, but a few things are left to be put back where they were.

I'm seeing something very similar to before... a few different colours but not any harder to read.  What sort of thing do you mean?  Smaller fonts?

Mark.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Sprintex

I agree, it's going to take a fair bit of getting used to  :-\

Was the upgrade to enable more control/facilities/etc or just a "time for a change" thing?  :)

Paul

Tank

It has a lot more functions, and is 'future proof' as they say! 

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble reading it.  Is it the colours? ???

galway

Everything seems to be much brighter(I may have to wear sunglasses ;)), maybe too light a grey? but getting around the  forum is no problem
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

scotsoft

The new layout is very refreshing, it looks good.
The only part I am not keen on is the advert that changes at the top as it moves the text down which can make you click on the wrong link.

John

Tank

Thanks John.  I'm trying to get those adverts moved back to the right hand side, as they proved a right problem to sort out.  They're definitely not staying there!!!

brbluewill

really like it keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

findus

All looking good only thing for me is the header, you can shrink to hide the add but it takes away the option to view last posts and unread posts..

i guess this will be fixed with the advert changes you said about!?

Newportnobby

My only issue is I've had to shrink from 95% to 90% (not me personally :-[) so I can get to the smilies and the 'Post' button

longbridge

I think the new setup is spot on Chris, I did have to increase the font size in my browser though  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

michael

i think it looks great, much clearer and looks more modern

Avis1434

Yep - seems neater and tidier in layout to me. :thumbsup:

Will wait until all the changes have been made before a final decision.

Like most things you will get used to it and before long forget what the old layout was like :computersmile:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Avis1434 on December 06, 2011, 09:04:03 PM

Like most things you will get used to it and before long forget what the old layout was like :computersmile:

I'll never forget what my old layout was like - I still have night and daymares about how bad it was :-[ ::) :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations