World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Well, maybe we're not the worst penalty takers in the World!  :claphappy:

scottmitchell74

I consider this to have been a very exciting day of soccer. Man, so many powers leaving the show early.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bob Tidbury

Never mind the football ,how about a bit of sympathy for poor old Hamilton  out of the race with a mechanical failure. and after getting pole position as well ,and his team mate as well ,what bad luck .
Bob Tidbury

Webbo

Spain pretty lack lustre in attack and Russia playing for a penalty shoot out. Pretty boring game. It's a pity both teams could not be eliminated.

Croatia vs Denmark much better game, but still disappointing that it came down to a shoot-out.

If class37025 doesn't like the World Cup and is not prepared to watch even a minute of it, better for him to not waste his time by making any kind of comment on this thread. 

Webbo

Bealman

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to Belgium vs Japan.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Quote from: Bealman on July 02, 2018, 09:22:39 AM
:thumbsup:

Looking forward to Belgium vs Japan.

Hi George,

Isn't that 4 am KO for you? Probably got my international time differences wrong again.

Surely Mexico v Brazil is the one to watch. I'll be supporting the Mexicans in the pub at 3pm (UK) if I can get away with it but NO Tequila  :no: . Had a bad experience in Cancun once. I'd tell you about it but don't really remember  :) .

Cheers weave  :beers:

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

Yes indeed, mate. But after my recent Japanese trip, I feel a bit of loyalty to them.  :beers:

Bealman

It annoys me, and always has when a 90 minute game goes to penalties.

Why bother with those 90 minutes?

>:D ;D

Bealman

Before anyone gets the you know what, I'm joking. I refereed schoolboy soccer all my life and love the game.

dannyboy

You do have a point though. If the scores are level after 90 minutes, (and extra time?), why not 'sudden death' - first team to score wins. It has been done in the past.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

snitchthebudgie

All this football is great - but it's not doing much for my modelling!  :hmmm:

What's the next match??

bridgiesimon

IIRC wasnt the  sudden death known as 'Golden Goal and was for the 30 mins extra time only. If still draw then went to penalties anyway.

Fardap

They had Golden Goal and I believe Silver Goal (something about scoring at a certain point or some tosh).
They stopped it as rather than making teams go for a win, many opted to defend and go for the penalties so didn't create the exciting 30 mins it was supposed to...

now if they took a player from each team off every five minutes that might be different...

guest311

"If class37025 doesn't like the World Cup and is not prepared to watch even a minute of it, better for him to not waste his time by making any kind of comment on this thread. "

noted,

I'm gone, but too hot for my coat  :laugh3:

bridgiesimon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations