No Response At All

Started by Yet_Another, December 05, 2019, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Sporadically, but consistently within an evening, my forum viewing is interrupted at virtually every click with either 'unable to establish secure connection' or 'the server is not responding' pages.

I've just spent several minutes trying to upload another screenshot, with many failures and no success.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

port perran

No problems here using safari.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Garyf

Oddly enough this happened on my iPad trying to open this post.

Gary

Izzy

I've had a lot of sporadic problems with safari on both phone and tablet since the latest update, often completely locking up and needling a re-boot to clear.

Izzy

Newportnobby

I get this occasionally with 'Opera' but it usually clears after a few seconds

PLD

A couple of instances in the last half hour or so of "invalid certificate" warnings, (firefox on android) however that could be any element on the page including embedded images hosted elsewhere, and not necessarily the forum itself.

Tank

Still having issues?  I've not been able to replicate it with my Laptop, iPhone or iPad.

Yet_Another

Seems like I have a bizarre routing/hardware issue. I connect to t'interweb through a mobile (LTE) router, and then Vodafone. Both my desktop & ipad have just completely failed to connect to this website, the computer saying no secure connection & the ipad saying no internet connection.

I then alternated between other websites and this, being able to connect to other sites, but not this one.

So then I turned on the wifi hotspot on my phone and connected the ipad to that. The phone is also on vodafone, and the mast is about 100 yards away. And here I am.

The only deduction I can make from this is that my router doesn't like connecting to www.ngaugeforum.co.uk sometimes. I don't have a PhD in telecomms configuration, so I guess I'll just have to lump it. I don't recall witnessing this behaviour with any other website, but I don't use others as much as this one, so it's harder to tell.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Yet_Another

Good call on https:. My saved link was still http:

Rebooting the router seems to have helped as well. Will report back again if I notice anything different.
Tony

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations