!!

Not Yet Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: USER UNFRIENDLY !!!!  (Read 1059 times)

m1racleman

• Trade Count: (0)
USER UNFRIENDLY !!!!
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »
I have already decided not to bother with this site. I am not a computer nerd and actually need to be shown how to do things. How is anyone who does not know about forums ever stand a chance of using this?? It just took me ten m,inutes just to find out how to edit my post!! WHY??? Because someone thought that " modify" was a better word to use..EDIT is the correct word and is used by just about everyone but I suppose someone had to be different !

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17910
    • Awards
Re: USER UNFRIENDLY !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 12:50:35 PM »
Well, 94 others members seem to cope ok, as they ask for information if they get stuck.  It's a shame you didn't get on with the forum.  Good luck in the future!

Offline Dock Shunter

• Trade Count: (+10)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »
I have already decided not to bother with this site. I am not a computer nerd and actually need to be shown how to do things. How is anyone who does not know about forums ever stand a chance of using this?? It just took me ten m,inutes just to find out how to edit my post!! WHY??? Because someone thought that " modify" was a better word to use..EDIT is the correct word and is used by just about everyone but I suppose someone had to be different !

Modify:To change in form or Character....to alter

Edit:To modify or adapt so as to make suitable or acceptable

..........Sounds the same to me ::) ::)

Offline Wingnut

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »
Hi m1racleman,

Sorry to hear you've had problems negotiating the forum, I had to hunt down that button too. Reminded me of when I got a different car and the wipers and indicators were the wrong way round. I've only been here a while and everyone that posts seems rather pleasant...all in all a relaxing place to spend a few minutes and get valuable help from like minded folk. You'll soon find your way around  :thumbsup:

Regards David

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal