Can you change your username?

Started by Agrafarfan, February 11, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrafarfan

After reading about the Kader fire of 1993 I decided not to have anything to do with Kader holdings therefore this means nothing to do with bachmann as they are owned buy Kader holdings.

As my user name has grafar in it I'm just wondering could I change it?

Alex

Go into your profile and look in your account details. At the top you will see a box that says something like' what name do you want to be known to others. Change your name and then save.

Alex  :wave:

Agrafarfan

Pengi

Going into Picky Pengi mode, there are two 'names'. The 'Display name' and the 'User name'.

Your 'display name' is that name that appears when you post. Quote from 'the manual' below:

'A member may choose a display name that is different to their username. The Display Name appears next to a member's posts in the forum, so it is the name that is visible to the public. After registering at a forum, the display name is usually set to be the same as the username, but you can change this in the section Profile > Account Settings. Change the text in the field Name and then click on Change profile at the bottom of the page in order to save. '

Your 'user name' is that name that you registered with for the forum and is used when you log in. Be aware that if you give/receive Private Messages (PMs) then they will appear in this name and it may confuse. (I know because I have had different User and Display names) If you want to change this name then contact Admin.

For example: if you have a User Name of xxxx and a Display name of yyyy, then you will log in with xxxx, yyyy will appear next to your posts and if you are sending/receiving PMs then it will say xxxx has sent a message.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Agrafarfan

I've changed my name back now as I have quite a bit of Graham Farish stuff and I don't really want to give up the hobby.

A very sobering read though about the Kader Factory Fire it did happen 20 years ago so probally different people in charge now.

Plus a friend encouraged me to keep my Graham Farish bits and pieces.

Ian

Pengi

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations