Your Ideas....

Started by NGF Staff, November 21, 2010, 03:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGF Staff

Hello!

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to make this forum better, then please say on here or by PM.

Many thanks!
NGaugeAdmin.
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Lawrence

Forums really can grow arms and legs, and quickly get away from the mods \ admin, my guess would be to keep it simple initially, see how it develops, and take it from there - a pen and notepad by the side of the keyboard will probably come in handy  ;)  You have no doubt looked at other examples and have a good idea of what is out there, so you will be able to judge from what you already know, and hopefully improve upon it  ;D

You could start off with British, European and World sections just to get the ball rolling.  No doubt there will be a call for separate DC \ DCC sections, landscaping and wiring \ electronics sections.

Suck it & see!

NGF Staff

Hello Zunnan and Lawrence,

Great ideas and I will take them on board....and make new 'boards' for them!   ;D

Yes, forums easily become tough to manage - as I have found in the past.  A lot of members have joined already, so if it continues I can appoint volunteers as Moderators in the future.   I'll get myself a notepad....   :D  Thanks!
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Jack Middleton

Without admin having to approve members before they can post you massively exposed to Trolls, Advertisers etc.

Jack

NGF Staff

Thanks for the idea Jack.  Fortunately there haven't been any trouble makers yet, but once it happens often I can upgrade the security settings for new members.

D821 GREYHOUND

It would be good to have a model railway photography board, so we can all share and enjoy each others hard work. I personally would suggest an NGF "virtual exhibition". i have picked up so many tips and ideas from other modellers, it could be productive!! Great forum, lets see it grow and fly the flag for our hobby. Ian.
A dog is for life.
But a Hydraulic is forever!

NGF Staff

Thanks Ian.  I like the idea.   :thumbsup:

Tank

jonclox

No Noooooooooooooo its gotta be a proper train (steamer)  scene :evil:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

What are you trying to say?!   ;D ;D ;D

Lawrence

I would like to see something like a world globe with a train to indicate the global nature of our hobby.

Something like this might work © shutterstock, normal copywrite rules apply to this image, but you get my drift.

Just a thought

Tank

Very good idea Lawrence.  Anyone good with graphics on here?  ??? :)

jonclox

How about a 'Gizmo' section/forum where members could list useful gadgets that they have discovered/made to help them ahead with their N gauge hobby.
We already have ref. to---
Rusty rail paint roller
---- which seems a good starting point
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

NGF Staff

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations