Your Ideas....

Started by NGF Staff, November 21, 2010, 03:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findus

how about a members feedback section in the forsale/wanted section nothing as silly as ebay but a section next to each member saying positvie or negitive feedback.

NGF Staff

Good idea, and something I'd thought of too.  I will work on something once things pick up on that side of thing.  I can try and feature this on members profiles.
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

findus

cool, i think its a good way to build trust between members and create a little community we are happy to use and enjoy :)  :NGAUGE:

Tank

Yes, good idea chaps.  I'll try and find out about incorporating it into the forum. :computersmile:

Tank

All done.  Check out your profile Findus.   :thumbsup:

findus

findus

Is it me being stupid or can you not see messages you have sent? would it be possible to have the message display as a conversation between the other person? i forget what i have sent and what i have not  :'(

ps sorry if im being simple and this function is already possible  :-[

Claude Dreyfus

Something I have seen on a couple of other forums is the ability to 'like' a posting. It is a system that I personally quite like if you don't just want to post 'me too' or something similar...

Tank

Quote from: findus on January 11, 2011, 09:32:01 PM
Is it me being stupid or can you not see messages you have sent? would it be possible to have the message display as a conversation between the other person? i forget what i have sent and what i have not  :'(

ps sorry if im being simple and this function is already possible  :-[

Look in the Outbox, as they should be saved there if the right box is ticked in your preferences.

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on January 11, 2011, 09:49:45 PM
Something I have seen on a couple of other forums is the ability to 'like' a posting. It is a system that I personally quite like if you don't just want to post 'me too' or something similar...

Glad you've said that.  I've already  installed it, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly.  I'll look into it in the future.

findus

Hey could we have some information on how we become full members? most other people have stars by there name and me i have newbie  :'(

is it done by post count? :NGF:

Chris

Yes you're a Newbie until you reach 50 posts then you become Jr. Member (2-stars), then a Snr. Member at 250 posts (?).

Admins have 5 red stars to signify Mod status.

findus

Quote from: Chris on January 23, 2011, 09:54:19 AM
Yes you're a Newbie until you reach 50 posts then you become Jr. Member (2-stars), then a Snr. Member at 250 posts (?).

Admins have 5 red stars to signify Mod status.

Thanks for the info  :thumbsup:

findus

I have an idea that would help everybody out at some point.

how about we have a free cycle section?
how it would work is anything you have thats unwanted you can post it in the section and other people can ask for it. FOR FREE!
The only thing the lucky person would pay for is postage.

but you cant ask people for free stuff thats just rude.

i think i have started this with 2 tunnel sections going to member cupoftea  :thumbsup:

it feels good to help a fellow member  :angel:

Tank

I like the idea, but do many people have free stuff?!?!   ;D Maybe start a post for now and we'll see how many members contribute.  If it's popular we can add a new section on the forum.

Dock Shunter

Maybe add a SWAP Arangement to it also............ :-X :-X

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations