Your Ideas....

Started by NGF Staff, November 21, 2010, 03:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

findus

Lawrence

I would like to suggest a forum encyclopaedia, a sort of a-z of how to's (or not in my case)

The idea occurred with cuppas' bowden cables and crank system for points, I thought something like that could be worth preserving for all current and prospective members.  Cant have these admin guys taking things easy now can we  :evil:

zwilnik

Quote from: Lawrence on February 02, 2011, 08:20:48 PM
I would like to suggest a forum encyclopaedia, a sort of a-z of how to's (or not in my case)

The idea occurred with cuppas' bowden cables and crank system for points, I thought something like that could be worth preserving for all current and prospective members.  Cant have these admin guys taking things easy now can we  :evil:

Good idea. What about doing it as a wiki? (might make admin a little easier, might not ;) )

Tank

Yeah go for it Lawrence!   :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:  I definitely haven't got time to write out that sort of thing, but I welcome anyone who would do it.

oscar

Lawrence

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2011, 09:16:32 AM

Yeah go for it Lawrence!   :thumbsup: :smiley-laughing:  I definitely haven't got time to write out that sort of thing, but I welcome anyone who would do it.

I was thinking of a dedicated section where our esteemed membership could have any deemed worthy "teach ins" stickied, however if zwilnik wants to do a wiki..............  ;D

findus

Quote from: D821 GREYHOUND on December 01, 2010, 08:51:38 PM
It would be good to have a model railway photography board, so we can all share and enjoy each others hard work. I personally would suggest an NGF "virtual exhibition". i have picked up so many tips and ideas from other modellers, it could be productive!! Great forum, lets see it grow and fly the flag for our hobby. Ian.

Great idea, i love looking through pictures for inspiration.. 

Lawrence

It's true findus, a picture paints a thousand words, so bring em on  :thumbsup:

Tank

OK chaps, I'll take the Wiki idea and Photo section on board and I will add them at the weekend. :computersmile:

cupoftea

Quote from: findus on January 25, 2011, 07:26:11 PM
I have an idea that would help everybody out at some point.

how about we have a free cycle section?
how it would work is anything you have thats unwanted you can post it in the section and other people can ask for it. FOR FREE!
The only thing the lucky person would pay for is postage.

but you cant ask people for free stuff thats just rude.

i think i have started this with 2 tunnel sections going to member cupoftea  :thumbsup:

it feels good to help a fellow member  :angel:
Thank you very much Sir. The tunnels will be put to good use.

cupoftea

I think the idea of a 'free to a good home' section is a good one. I have helped out a member of this forum with some points i did not need. I guess, from time to time, we all have odd bits that just gather dust.

Tank

OK mate, I'll add it to the list.   ;D

Tank

All done.....now fill up the new forum boards!   ;D :NGaugersRule:

m1racleman

I got one !!
Let new users know how to load photos on here!
I cant work it out for the life of me. What on earth is this photobucket all about ?? A total mystery to me aqnd cvant make head nor tail of it

NGF Staff

Quote from: m1racleman on February 18, 2011, 11:36:58 AM
I got one !!
Let new users know how to load photos on here!
I cant work it out for the life of me. What on earth is this photobucket all about ?? A total mystery to me aqnd cvant make head nor tail of it

A link on how to do it....you only had to ask.   :thumbsup:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6.0

If you need any more help then feel free to post or PM.
Account used for maintenance only.  Contact Tank or other forum staff if you have any problems.  Thank you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations