Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SymonC

Postman has just delivered these 2 beauties (both won on ebay)

Sorry for poor photos. (will try and do better ones later)

Bealman

Very nice indeed. I see the different numbers on the sides!  :thumbsup:

Sometimes, I wonder though... it's hard enough in this scale to see the numbers at all, especially when they are moving!

Still, WE know they are correct, and different, and take pride in that fact. That in itself is probably reason enough for going to the trouble.

Lovely models!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Luke Piewalker

If only Farish could manage to get a DBSO out in less than 5 years...  :veryangry:

But at least I'll have a nice Scotrail set to run...

CarriageShed

Quote from: Bealman on March 12, 2014, 11:42:07 AM
Still, WE know they are correct, and different, and take pride in that fact. That in itself is probably reason enough for going to the trouble.

That's exactly what I was going to say. You see a photo, you match your rolling stock to it in terms of numbering (and possibly weathering too). You're happy that it's trundling around according to your specifications.

Luke Piewalker

The email I got from C&M suggested 2015 for the DBSO...  :doh:

Jameswgm

Just got the email from Hattons comfirming my A4 SNG has been picked, card is taking a battering, got a FGW HST arriving also in a couple of days. Exciting times. Must stop buying Locos and rolling stock.

Caz

Where did you get your FGW HST from, been looking for another one for a while.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Sipat

First two of my spree have arrived...

Rake of HAA wagons by Steve Purves, on Flickr

Rake of 15 Minitrix HAA's with hoods and loads for under £100!!!

26007 by Steve Purves, on Flickr

Completely an impulse buy, now thinking I should probably move it on for a 37 or 47 and I don't go anywhere near Scotland! I think it will be coming to Nottingham show with me for swap/sale!

Awaiting the arrival of 66111 by Dapol in weathered EWS livery and still need to photograph my Dapol Digital 56 set...

Steve

Jameswgm

Quote from: whiteswan on March 12, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Where did you get your FGW HST from, been looking for another one for a while.

Ebay, literally scouring the 'Dapol N gauge' search regularly. Fingers crossed for a good one this time. Seller seemed pretty illiterate, but 100% feedback is fairly comprehensive. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Newportnobby

Just to give that Lawrence person more ammunition to fire at me - 2 new arrivals on Kimbolted today:-

Green Class 24

Green Class 108 with speed whiskers

Both excellent runners although - why is it the plain green Class 24's seem to run quieter than my 2 tone green ones which themselves are very quiet :confused1:

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on March 14, 2014, 12:43:41 PM
Just to give that Lawrence person more ammunition to fire at me - 2 new arrivals on Kimbolted today:-

Jealousy is a terrible thing Mick  >:D

I do like the Class 108 but I am afraid the Class 24 does not do very much for me, but pleased to read they both run well  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Jameswgm

Just had two new parcels  :bounce:

A4 Sir Nigel Gresley (first train I ever got to play with; on Dad's Hornby 'Dublo' three rail track)

FGW Bookset, no faffing about needed this time  :thumbsup:

portland-docks

Quote from: Jameswgm on March 14, 2014, 05:52:14 PM
Just had two new parcels  :bounce:

A4 Sir Nigel Gresley (first train I ever got to play with; on Dad's Hornby 'Dublo' three rail track)

well im glad they put the LNER number on there instead of just 22 like on mallard, but i cant help but think the N on the LNER on the tender looks like its not been applied properly...is it? or is it just the lights playing tricks?

i may have to get gresley in that livery now! looks nice!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Jameswgm

It's the light, the lettering is three tone, mainly gold with a thin white outline and red backing. Very quick pictures too, I'll have to take better ones. Even though I'm all about the modern locos, the A4 is my most photogenic!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations