0-4-0 locos in n gauge?

Started by samjammer, January 05, 2024, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maridunian

Quote from: Doc Pye on January 10, 2024, 10:18:47 PM
Quote from: maridunian on January 06, 2024, 10:21:10 AMHi - I've been very frustrated that as @ntpntpntp describes we are much worse served with small locos than we were 30 years ago.

As @zwilnik kindly mentions I've taken to designing 3D printed bodies for various available chasses (including some built to order by N-Drive Productions).

I've also designed some UK-outline wagon, coach and loco bodies for the Kato Pocketline 0-4-0 steam set and several diesel bodyshells for the Kato Electric loco/tram chassis, which can be purchased separately (Kato 11-109/11-110).

Links below.

Mike

I really like your 3D models Mike but I will never again do business with Shapeways, as they just produce junk and are way too expensive. I only print my own items these days. I know you have said before that you don't want to sell the files...is this still the same??? Still hoping one day to be able to print one of your models.  :beers:

Thanks. I'd obviously dispute your 'junk' assertion. Models have to be designed for their materials and printers and then built and finished well to get good results, as kits always have. There's no pay, spray and play option.

Here are @Ensign Elliott 's recent models of my chlorine tanks and Prestwins:

A long way from junk, I hope you will agree.

Having said that, I have to concede that since you-know-what-xit, shipping costs from Europe are prohibitive. Shapeways "freeship" promotion before Christmas generated a huge slew of orders.

One of my favourite designers on Shapeways, Ngineer has started selling some of his designs for download, so one of my new years resolutions is to look into this for my own designs.

Mike

My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Doc Pye

Apologies Mike, I am not saying anything bad about your 3D designs...but my personal experience with Shapeways has been awful, to the point that I will never buy from them again. Sorry but based on my personal experience they produce 'junk'. I had to return orders to them so many times because of defective printing (a clear lack of quality control there).

JimSan

Quote from: Dorsetmike on January 07, 2024, 12:19:26 PMProbably no longer in production, so keep looking on Ebay.

I do make LSWR B4 prints to fit the Bachmann Percy chassis, not sure if it'll work with other chassis however.
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations