Alternative West Country and Friends

Started by weave, October 16, 2018, 12:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi Chris (IP),

I need to introduce a few more characters as well so if anyone wants to add their new characters, please post them here and I will add them to the list on page 1 of the thread today as rained off from work.

Also, if anyone wants the original list amending in any way, I'll do that too.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

Chris in Prague

Thanks, Chris (Weave). So far, I have from the "St. Agnes" whisky distillery, the owners, husband and wife, Sir William Rundle and Lady Annabelle, the Chairman of the distillery, William Murdoch-McLeod, Tom Biggins and Ross McLeary, the master distiller and general manager of the distillery, and Hamish 'Jimmy' Johnstone. However, Martin needs to update with the new characters in his excellent tales.

Chris in Prague

Bill Truscott, the Wadebridge Yardmaster, is a highly respected and popular railwayman in North and West Cornwall. He is known for his abstemious and hard-working nature and his ability to get along with all railway employees, whether of the (Great) Western or Southern persuasion. Whenever anyone has a problem, they automatically look to him for help, whether it be the Wadebridge stationmaster, the Wadebridge shedmaster, or ordinary railwaymen. Bill's dedication to his work is evident from the fact that he worked his way up through every department, and if it had not been for his terrible accident, he might well have become a senior manager. The accident was caused by him running after a runaway goods train on Trepol Bay Harbour incline to try to pull down the brake levers.

Despite the accident, Bill remains humble and continues to serve as Wadebridge's Yardmaster, with a crippled leg and a fine oak walking stick presented by the company. Bill's ambition to be a railwayman was evident from a young age, and he joined the Southern Railway straight from school as a lad of fourteen. He is a good Christian gentleman, and Methodist lay preacher whose character is beyond reproach. Bill Truscott is a widower; his beloved wife Gracie passed away in the '51 flu epidemic.

Chris in Prague

The representatives from the 'St. Agnes' Cornish whisky distillery, their faces flushed with surprise and joy, with an engraved golden cask, the symbol of their victory, as the overall winner of the York malt whisky tasting competition. The gold gleams under the spotlight, reflecting the pride in their eyes.

I'll leave Martin to name and identify the people.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations