Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunston

Well done on your patience and persistence. I don't underestimate the work going in to upgrading the forum, and so far it's quicker and works much more smoothly. Well done and thank you????
Previous layout Dunston - Freight only layout. Era 8 (maybe a bit of 9)
Current project Ashfield Junction

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2023, 03:19:32 PMIf the tags are working then I fear my 'Notifications' have changed as I always used to get a PM to say I'd been tagged

I can't see that option in the settings.  However, I can see that you get the alert and an email.

NGFTech

Multimedia Gallery fully works again and an additional reaction mod is also now part of the mix.

RBTKraisee

The site is definitely faster and is also easier to use on mobile devices. I'm going to have to try the new image embed options later today, but it looks far simpler.

Awesome job so far guys and all the hard work is hugely appreciated!

Are there any specific areas/features you want some of us to help beta test and provide feedback on?

Ross.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the stars" -Robert Heinlein
An Ex-Pat Brit:  Two decades living in Florida and still an unhealthy shade of "British Tourist White"

Steam Locomotive Wheel Dimensions: https://www.shorturl.at/xAEKW

All my available products are listed in the first post in my workbench thread.

crewearpley40

Still can anyone please @Tank @NGFTech explain as before we could add photos and it's proving awkward. Used to be able to add image to post and upload to gallery Still difficult for some who ate not technical like me

port perran

Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 21, 2023, 05:37:38 PMStill can anyone please @Tank @NGFTech explain as before we could add photos and it's proving awkward. Used to be able to add image to post and upload to gallery Still difficult for some who ate not technical like me
Looks like the add image facility is now there.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bob Tidbury

Thank you to Tank and the team .I am sure I will find out where every thing is eventually .

Dave_K

Just a quick question - is there anyway of 'bookmarking' a thread so I can return to it quickly? For example, a 'one click' to take me to my layout thread, etc.(Before the forum update, I used to have to go via Notifications and it wasn't the best way to go about it!)

Graham

Excellent job @Tank and all involved, having been involved a lot of major migrations, to have one like this completed by such a small team is an amazing job. well done.
cheers
Graham

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2023, 05:14:09 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 21, 2023, 03:19:32 PMIf the tags are working then I fear my 'Notifications' have changed as I always used to get a PM to say I'd been tagged

I can't see that option in the settings.  However, I can see that you get the alert and an email.

Yeah, but they're not working even being tagged by the NGF Tech.
Note - I can't refer to their post number as post numbers also seem to have vanished e.g. #123

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dave_K on July 21, 2023, 05:56:53 PMJust a quick question - is there anyway of 'bookmarking' a thread so I can return to it quickly? For example, a 'one click' to take me to my layout thread, etc.(Before the forum update, I used to have to go via Notifications and it wasn't the best way to go about it!)

There used to be, Dave, but that capability seems to have gone walkies.
I can't find all my bookmarks, and I had loads of them :*(  :*(

crewearpley40

Quote from: port perran on July 21, 2023, 05:51:53 PM
Quote from: crewearpley40 on July 21, 2023, 05:37:38 PMStill can anyone please @Tank @NGFTech explain as before we could add photos and it's proving awkward. Used to be able to add image to post and upload to gallery Still difficult for some who ate not technical like me
Looks like the add image facility is now there.
thanks may just take getting used to now and slowly working out.

emjaybee

Does anyone know how to access and view their gallery?
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Tank

Click Gallery at the top, then My Gallery once the page changes.  :thumbsup:

emjaybee

Ah!

I have to 'click' gallery twice for it to open that. I was only doing once and getting the three drop downs.

Thank you.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23