Takeaway Night.....

Started by Dock Shunter, November 18, 2011, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

It's Friday which for me means Indian Takeaway night..... :thumbsup:
Just ordered a Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau rice and Peshwari naan...... :thumbsup:

Does anybody else like a curry occasionally or maybe you prefer Chinese.......?

Chris

I'm a chippy man myself - jumbo battered sausage and large chips please!

longbridge

We have 24 shops in our local shopping centre of which 15 of them are either take away shops or restaurants, we have 2 x Indian, Mexican, Thai, German, 2x Coffee Shops, The Pub, Aussie Tucker, Pizza, Hamburger, Noodle, 2 x Fish and Chip shops, Italian, 2 x Chicken Shops on of which is Charcoal Chicken, Ice Cream Parlor, and a Bakery.

The only 2 we use is the Fish and Chip joints, the area has become very Yuppie and is now known as the restaurant capital of Brisbane, everyone seems to eat outside on the footpath and they are a pain in the posterior when trying to fight your way round the tables while walking the dog in the cool evenings, I live right at the end of the shopping centre 
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Mustermark

I prefer Chinese or Thai most of the time.

But I do love good Indian food - used to live near Slough where there is no shortage of excellent Indian food... but you CAN NOT get good Indian food where I live in the US. >:(

I think what I miss most though is the chippy in Windsor.  Chip shop chips rule.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

4x2

Quote from: Dock Shunter on November 18, 2011, 08:18:25 PM
It's Friday which for me means Indian Takeaway night..... :thumbsup:
Just ordered a Chicken Jalfrezi with Pilau rice and Peshwari naan...... :thumbsup:

Does anybody else like a curry occasionally or maybe you prefer Chinese.......?
mmm.... Curry !  ;D

For me it has to be a Lamb Balti, with pilau rice, Banana Nan (que muppet song... :smiley-laughing:) and a large tub of Mango chutney ! And don't forget Sagg aloo, bombay potatoes and popadoms with lime pickle...

Anyone in Bristol wants Banana nan - try Tandorri nights in Staple Hill - it's AWESOME !!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Not associated with them in any way.... just damm fine Banana nan !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Mustermark

Do do de dodo.  Banana naan.  Do do do do. :smiley-laughing:

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

4x2

Quote from: Mustermark on November 18, 2011, 09:21:30 PM
Do do de dodo.  Banana naan.  Do do do do. :smiley-laughing:
Me and my mate blagged a free beer doing that whilst we were waiting for our order !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Newportnobby

It's Indian curry for me. I'll go as hot as a Madras but also like Jalfrezi, Dupiaza, Bhuna etc. All with pilau rice, bombay potatoes and a garlic naan - washed down with either Kingfisher or Cobra. Damn - I'm dribbling now ::)

4x2

Quote from: newportnobby on November 18, 2011, 09:27:57 PM
It's Indian curry for me. I'll go as hot as a Madras but also like Jalfrezi, Dupiaza, Bhuna etc. All with pilau rice, bombay potatoes and a garlic naan - washed down with either Kingfisher or Cobra. Damn - I'm dribbling now ::)
I used to like the hot ones, but my tastes have changed and i'm more into the 'flavour' curries rather than the 'firey' ones... getting week in my old age !  :smiley-laughing:

Mike

Newportnobby

Quote from: 4x2ybecauseican on November 18, 2011, 09:38:23 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on November 18, 2011, 09:27:57 PM
I used to like the hot ones, but my tastes have changed and i'm more into the 'flavour' curries rather than the 'firey' ones... getting week in my old age !  :smiley-laughing:
Luckily the curry houses I go to make different strengths so you can choose how hot to go.
The biggest problem I find is that I feel completely stuffed after the curry, but wake up in the morning as if I haven't been fed for 3 days.
How's that work, then ??? :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

Locally at least you can only go to really ridiculously hot, not to the top level. I only discovered this when I was out with a Goan student who had a discussion in what I assume was Hindi with the waiter, and proceeded to get food served true native Goan strength. Yowwwchh is all I can say - but I finally understood why he complained he couldn't taste British food !

Here it's not take away night, Sunday lunch is all you can eat buffet curry day!
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sprintex

Personally I find Indian food a bit boring, it all tastes fairly similar wherever you get it from. It's either meat in an oniony sauce, meat in a creamy oniony sauce, or in the case of Biriani meat in rice with veg in an oniony sauce.

Chinese is my favourite, lots of different flavours and textures to choose from and there's the duck pancakes of course!!  :P

Paul

scotsoft

Well this should give you all a laugh, I am allergic to curry which has been confirmed medically.
So if I am invited to someones house for a meal they have to be told up front as even the smell can set me off  :thumbsdown:

So I stick to fish and chips  :thumbsup:

John.

Rob H

Quote from: Sprintex on November 19, 2011, 01:28:37 PM
Personally I find Indian food a bit boring, it all tastes fairly similar wherever you get it from. It's either meat in an oniony sauce, meat in a creamy oniony sauce, or in the case of Biriani meat in rice with veg in an oniony sauce.

Chinese is my favourite, lots of different flavours and textures to choose from and there's the duck pancakes of course!!  :P

Paul

I think you've been eating in the wrong Indian restaurants, or ordering the wrong dishes.

I agree with you about the shredded duck pancakes but after that I think chinese is very boring and without the very common use of MSG it would be tasteless !

But hey like most things in life, one mans meat etc etc

Curry night tonight mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Rob.
They say that love is more important than money but have you ever tried to pay a bill with a hug ?

spurno

love em both.Ruby Murray used to drink in my local when she was alive as she lived in torquay.

cheers

alan
Born beside the mighty GWR.

Regards

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50%