BBC Children in need

Started by Fratton, November 18, 2011, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fratton

It that time again where celebrities tell us to reach deep in aid of children in need!

i'm not going to tell people to donate but i wanted to just show people my beautiful son rhys here learning to walk with the assistance of a walking frame,
rhys was brain damaged in the womb due to a genetic dissorder suffered by my fiancee, we had been told to expect some difficulties in rhys's childhood
and by the age of 1 rhys had been diagnossed with Epilepsy, soon after doctor realised that rhys was starting to show early signs of spasticity in the lower limbs that was later to be diagnosed as cerebral palsy which along with a motor disorder has left rhys unable to walk or co-ordinate balance,

Rhys recieves constant care from day to day medical care to physiotherapy, speach and language therapy, occupational therapy, and then there is equipment, the frame you see costs hundreds of pounds to supply let alone the chairs, tables, shoes, leg splints and gaiters that rhys needs to support him and give hime a fighting chance of avoiding a wheelchair for the rest of his life

Please dont take this as me preaching or bucket rattling im just a parent of a child helping raise awareness of the reason that charities like children in need egsist

i finish with my usual ending message

i'm not telling you to danate or how much

i'm just showing you the way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/donate/

many thanks

Charlie, Amy and baby Rhys
Charlie.

Tank

Poor little lad.  Looks like a happy chap though.  :)

I can't stand the program itself, but I have nothing against the charity.  My father used to work for Queen Mary's Hospital for Children in Carshalton, Surrey.  Hundreds of poorly and disabled kids there and Pudsy helped them out a great deal.

All the best. :thumbsup:

Sprintex

Same here, wonderful charity and a worthy cause for once!  :thumbsup:

Just the cr@p on TV makes you wonder just how much all the multi-millionaire celebrities have put into the bucket?? Nowt worth mentioning I'm guessing  ::)

Paul

galway

Lovely little lad, I hope it all works out well for him, you and your partner.

We lost our daughter Grace when she was only 16 weeks old (there was no cure and she was only expected to live for a few days after she was born), but we received a lot of help in those weeks from charitable organistions over here, Barnardos, Jack and Jill foundation, and great district nurses (we decided to bring her home from hospital as they could do no more for her than we could).

Anyway the point for the post - we find that we are more aware of childrens charities than we were before and whenever we can we help with fundraising and donate a good proportion of our earnings to childrens charities both home and abroad. Our other five children also do as much as they can and actually enjoy the experience of helping others.

I would urge all to donate to this great cause, we have already made a donation and we live in a 'foreign country!'

Hope as many of you as possible decide to help out.

Regards
Paul
Is féidir tú a choinneáil ar eascainí an madra nó is féidir a lasadh coinneal duit

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations