Started by valley9, November 02, 2015, 03:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valley9

Hi To all members
First thanks for letting me join, I have bought a load of kato track intend to use the kato track and using a conversion kato track to join onto peco flexi track is this a good way to go or should I just stay with kato.

austinbob

Quote from: valley9 on November 02, 2015, 03:16:25 PM
Hi To all members
First thanks for letting me join, I have bought a load of kato track intend to use the kato track and using a conversion kato track to join onto peco flexi track is this a good way to go or should I just stay with kato.
Welcome to the Forum
You'll find a load of keen Kato users on the Forum and a load of keen Peco users - should be an interesting discussion..
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Caz

Welcome to the friendly forum Valley9, you'll be in great company on here as there are many members using Kato track and who are only will to share there experiences.

:welcomesign:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

scotsoft

:welcomesign:

I would work out your track plan first then you will have a good idea what Kato Untitrack you would need and cost that out, then do the same adding your setrack. That way you will save time and money.

Cheers John.

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Ditape

:hellosign:
Welcome to the forum,I am sure you will get all the help you need you only have to ask.
Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Welcome to the forum, valley9 :wave:

Quote from: scotsoft on November 02, 2015, 04:05:33 PM

I would work out your track plan first then you will have a good idea what Kato Untitrack you would need and cost that out, then do the same adding your setrack. That way you will save time and money.

Don't mind Scotsoft :no: He really meant to say flexitrack, not set track.
Can we ask what size space you have available to build a layout in?

Hyperion

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay!
DC or DCC, that is the question.

Bealman

G'day from Australia, valley9, on Melbourne Cup day. Welcome to the NGF!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

valley9

Thanks to all the members that said hello.
The size of the track that I was going to build would be 7ft by 3 ft I thing this size would be ok fo the n gauge. ???

Newportnobby

Quote from: valley9 on November 03, 2015, 08:56:59 AM
Thanks to all the members that said hello.
The size of the track that I was going to build would be 7ft by 3 ft I thing this size would be ok fo the n gauge. ???

That's a good size for N but please ensure you can reach all areas of the baseboard as things have a habit of going wrong in the most awkward of places :doh:

Bealman

Yes. Forum members with experience fitting in these dimensions should be able to elucidate.

Geez, did I really come out with that?!

:beers:  George

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on November 03, 2015, 09:20:34 AM
Yes. Forum members with experience fitting in these dimensions should be able to elucidate.

Geez, did I really come out with that?!

Someone spike your ale with a dictionary, George? :P

Bealman

No.... the NGF, more like.  :D Didn't do any good on the Melbourne Cup, either.... though Mrs B did.

Anyway, the  dimensions  should be ok?

Geoff

I have joined Peco up with Kato but you have to remember that Kato track is about 3.3mm higher than Peco track so bear that in mind, are you going DC or DCC with your track, there is plenty of knowledge on the forum about Kato track and any problems let us know.

Welcome to the forum
Geoff

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations