Why am I getting a message "you are ignoring this user"

Started by lil chris, December 16, 2020, 07:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil chris

When I have been on Innovationgames post " Marton Hinmarche" I am getting the message " You are ignoring this user. Show me the post" what is all this about. It has done it on previous posts that I have read days ago ? The show me the post is in light blue, clicking on it reveals the post. Never seen it before, other topics/blogs seem to be ok.

Update: just found somehow I had him has ignore, clicked unignore and all is well. I must have done it possibly when using my I-Pad.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

njee20

SD35

I deliberately choose people to ignore randomly now and again just to add a bit of danger and excitement to my NGF reading.

Bealman

Yes, as njee says, it's easily done. I've inadvertently done it a few times.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Trainfish

I've been tempted to do it advertently several times but have resisted so far  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

SD35

Does Bealman ever post on here these days?  He used to be a pretty cool poster.

Bealman

Bealman

SD35

RailGooner

njee20

I've often wondered how often it's actually used as a function. Given it doesn't actually block content, which I could vaguely understand, it must make following threads somewhat awkward.

emjaybee

Quote from: njee20 on December 17, 2020, 08:50:59 AM
I've often wondered how often it's actually used as a function. Given it doesn't actually block content, which I could vaguely understand, it must make following threads somewhat awkward.

Gahh! I was just getting excited that there was a way to 'not' see the 'groaners' thread and my dreams are dashed on the rocks.

:'(
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Newportnobby

it must make following threads somewhat awkward.

Not really, as you have the choice of ignoring the post or seeing it but still leaving that person 'ignored'.

Quote from: emjaybee on December 17, 2020, 09:12:03 AM

Gahh! I was just getting excited that there was a way to 'not' see the 'groaners' thread and my dreams are dashed on the rocks.

There are far too many of us to ignore (resistance is futile) :P

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

The Q

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 17, 2020, 10:08:06 AM
it must make following threads somewhat awkward.

Not really, as you have the choice of ignoring the post or seeing it but still leaving that person 'ignored'.

Quote from: emjaybee on December 17, 2020, 09:12:03 AM

There are far too many of us to ignore (resistance is futile) :P
I've just unignored you.. I didn't know you were ignored, I just though it was some strange way of attracting attention..

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations