NGF blocked for "Games" & Unread posts since last visit

Started by MacRat, July 31, 2012, 08:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacRat

Hi

Occasionally the NGF is blocked on my work PC for "Games". There seems to be no apparent cause for this, as usually after one or two days I can access the forum without problems again. I'm wondering if one of the rotating advertisements could cause this sporadic behavior?

BTW, the "Show unread posts since last visit." seems not to work for me anymore. It keeps listing all unread posts since July 27, whether I logoff or leave the forum alone over night.

Thanks
Cheers Mac

Illori

we have no control over external methods of blocking websites, so we cant really help you with that issue.

the issue related to the unread posts, one team member on the official forums has issues with that function but no one else can duplicate the issue to attempt to debug it.

MacRat

Thank you for your answer.

Though I don't thing the blocking rules are a problem as such. I had the impression that something temporarily shown on the start page of the forum causes this. Maybe I can get a log of the incident from the IT department.

The member on the official forum, does not happen to be using Safari on OS X, does he/she?

Thanks
Mac

Illori

Tank

I occasionally have the forum blocked when I use the forum at work, which users filters.  It rarely happens, but when it does I just refresh the page and it always loads up without being blocked.

I hope you can get around the filter.  :)

edwin_m

Maybe it's something to do with the Mornington Crescent topic? 

MacRat

Tank, sometimes, when things go to crazy at work, one just has to read something not work related to not to go crazy oneself. There is nothing better as checking the railway forums.  :smiley-laughing:

edwin, Mornington Crescent currently is not even on the front page, haven't seen it for a while now. Everyone in nidd? I would count this game as unoffending, however.

Tank

MacRat

Just to let you know that after a restart of my browser, after probably running over a month, "new unread posts" is working again as expected.

Thanks.

tadpole

My work blocks out photos on NGF, presumably because they are hosted on photobucket and the like, which are blocked sites.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations