Dapol 2nd batch class 50's

Started by STEVE44, September 10, 2021, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE44

Hi , I would like to know if anyone knows when the 2nd batch of class 50's from Dapol are due. Looking forward to getting  my hand on 50046. Cheers Steve.

monkey_brains

Thanks RailGooner - fingers crossed they are on their way and will be with us soon - I want me another toothpaste coloured one.
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

RailGooner

monkey_brains

Hmm, I'd missed that announcement by Kernow.  Decisions decisions.....
A keen modern image modeller in N Gauge, the latest creation I am working on is Cottingfield - an N Gauge Rule 1 Layout

Plotting has started on a DC controlled layout for the trains I can't easily convert to DCC North Wroxham - an N Gauge Modern Era Layout

STEVE44

Hi cheers for the info. So they should be out by now then.  We did wait about 5 years when dapol said they were releasing the  class 50. Hope someone gets some more info from Dapol at TINGS . Cheers Steve.

RailGooner

I wouldn't bank on any new info being either accurate or useful.  :hmmm:

njee20

They had a few painted samples today at TINGS. Including NSE (it's the wrong shade of blue for me though, booo), Defiance and Thunderer. Didn't see the GBRF pair. Didn't ask about dates.

jamespetts

The Dapol chap at the stand said that these have been manufactured and that we are simply waiting on the vageries of international shipping at present.
Peertube > Youtube

davidinyork

Quote from: RailGooner on September 11, 2021, 11:56:23 AM
I'm want the GBRf pair.

Think the livery on one of those is out of date already! The real 50007 now seems to have had 50014 on one side replaced by 50034.

I am tempted to order them though - 50s look good in that GBRF livery.

STEVE44

Hi, just seen on rails of Sheffield that the second batch of dapol class 50's were due in on the 4th May. Anyone seen this and heard anything about this. Looking forward to them.

GlenEglise

I am purchasing one through The Fifty Fund.

I was recently advised that they would be available sometime in May.

Regards,

GE

davebem

I ordered one of the new bactch from Rails, it was despatched today, Kernow also showing in stock.

njee20

GBRf pair don't seem to be back though.  :(

jamespetts

Quote from: davebem on May 06, 2022, 05:01:08 PM
I ordered one of the new bactch from Rails, it was despatched today, Kernow also showing in stock.

Odd - I looked at Kernow just how and that was showing them as not in stock.
Peertube > Youtube

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations