What does You were Tagged mean

Started by N_GaugeModeller, December 28, 2019, 09:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_GaugeModeller

Hi

As subject what does the message You Were Tagged mean?

NGM

ie @N_GaugeModeller
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

njee20

Someone has named you specifically in a post (use the @ symbol and type the name), to ensure you see something.

If you follow the notification it'll take you to the post you've been tagged in. It's useful if you want to draw someone's attention to something, like a post that's particularly relevant to them.

N_GaugeModeller

Thanks

So the feature used by the forms bullies to force their views onto other members, because their opinion is always correct.

I did wonder why it was always the same few members using the feature.

NGM
There may be spelling and grammatical errors in my posts, I am Dyslexic so just think yourself lucky you can actually read what I have written.

I am also in the early stages of Alzheimer's and Vascular dementia so sometimes struggle with basic communication.

You don't need to point out my errors.  Thanks

thebrighton

Quote from: N_GaugeModeller on December 28, 2019, 09:31:50 AM

So the feature used by the forms bullies to force their views onto other members, because their opinion is always correct.

Blimey, I better don my tin foil hat! I've been tagged numerous times by numerous people and not once could it ever be considered bullying no matter how paranoid you may be.
Just today I have been tagged in a post and it was in the same vein as all the others. I posted a photo of a model a few days ago and I have been asked a question about it. There was no guarantee I would return to the thread so by tagging me by the enquirer it's brought my attention to his question and I can answer it. Can't see how anything like that could be construed as bullying.
Sure there are a few on here with strong opinions but I've been here years and never witnessed anyone being bullied by being tagged.
I haven't tagged you into my reply ;)

exmouthcraig

Thanks

NGM

A bit like you do over ANYTHING Dapol related. I dont like people who CONSTANTLY have to bleat on the same thing post after post and you turn EVERY topic around to tell us how rubbish Dapol are.

WE KNOW WHERE YOU STAND we dont need to be told everytime you get the chance. You clearly have a hidden agenda, only been on since sept, claim to know nothing in your first post but that soon changed. I have no idea who you are (although I have my suspicions) BUT your constant whinging, like I said, i see as bad for the hobby and someone which such hatred for one subject and oblivious to any realism to that situation i see as bad for this forum!!!

How you can suggest this is used by some who want to bully you would suggest you have little respect for this forum and its administrative team and mods who do a fantastic job for FREE only to have members like you desperate to ruin their good work.

Train Waiting

Thanks

NGM

Not in my experience.  I have always been grateful when a Forum member has kindly used this feature to draw my attention to something that, otherwise, I might have missed.  No-one has ever attempted to bully me on the Forum - completely the reverse in fact.  I greatly appreciate all the help and encouragement which I have received.

I use the feature myself.  Sparingly; maybe in about one in 10 of my posts.

If you have a concern about a particular post, there is a 'Report to Moderator' 'button' at the bottom right-hand side of each post.  I've never used this, but I should imagine it will bring a prompt response from one of Forum members who so kindly give of their time to undertake the essential role of moderator.

With best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Philip.

Not sure if I've ever been "tagged" on this forum, but if I was I certainly wouldn't see it as bullying, that is an astonishing claim to make. I would see at as a forum member being kind enough to think of me that something was of interest to me.

Staggering OP  ???

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Tank

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31