Gallery Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 15, 2018, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

It's gone back to dead slow, the little info bar bottom left seems to stick at "Performing TLS handshake with N Gauge Forum, once that clears the rest of the page loading goes OK, the TLS handshake thing though occurs on any action, opening and closing a topic to read, or doing a reply, just sits there shaking hands for 20+seconds.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

The Q

Can't load pictures this morning, (22/12/18) same JPEG pictures from the same camera on this tablet as before when it worked.

Bealman

I'm having the same problem. It is a work in progress  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Intercity

Trying to upload a few pictures, same as I've done before, taken with my phone and trying to add to My Gallery, when I click to add picture it gives me a "not a valid file" message.

Dorsetmike

Just did a quick test, an image straight from the camera at 2.3Mb file size gets the "not valid" message, however a cropped and resized version works fine, if you click on the image you get a larger version; when it's added to a post the forum software appears to reduce the size, clicking on the image takes you to the gallery where the file is stored at the original uploaded larger size. see below

So the answer is you can not ulpoad a large file straight from the camera/phone/ipad or whatever, you need to reduce the file size; it's been mentioned before but some of you just don't appear to believe the facts or are too lazy to take the trouble to find out how to resize an image!.

It may be an idea to insert wording in the upload dialogue window stressing the max file size, or maybe modify the wording "not valid" to "file too large" ( have it in large flashing technicolour text, as me mum used to say "there's none so blind as them that will not see")

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

Hi all,

The new gallery, once installed will work perfectly and be more professionally made.  So, changing the current gallery in any way will not be happening due to it being obsolete.

I'm going to lock this thread for now, until more progress is made.  Currently we're waiting for the author/designer of the new software to get back to us.  However, I imagine he is now on holiday mode!

Thanks for your feedback.

:locked:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations