Some users unable to view my pics.

Started by zwilnik, July 16, 2014, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

It looks like a few users are having problems viewing pictures I post from my media folder. They're uploaded as normal and most forum members can see them but some are getting " unable to see file not connected to server"

My guess is that it's something to do with their browsers and the forum's database. So I've set up this post for them to list what they're using in rather than clutter the What are you doing on your layout thread..

Bob Tidbury

Hi I'm on my Ipad which I believe uses Safari, but I am not very clever when it comes to technology but I seem to get  most if not all of other pictures and Utube clips
Bob Tidbury.

kardkits

I am using Firefox 30.0 (up-to-date) , on Windows 7, I get a message on Zwilnik's post's that 'images can not be seen, make sure you are connected to the server' , but I am able to see all other images posted by other members.

Andi

Malc

I tried it on Safari, both on an iPad Air and an iPhone 4. Neither show Zwinik's pictures, but all other posts work. Is it something you said Z?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

zwilnik

Quote from: Malc on July 16, 2014, 11:09:22 PM
I tried it on Safari, both on an iPad Air and an iPhone 4. Neither show Zwinik's pictures, but all other posts work. Is it something you said Z?

Probably :) I'm using Safari too (Mac, iPhone and iPad), Maybe I've just posted too many pics? :)

zwilnik

For reference, here's one of the pics that people are having problems with..

zwilnik

I've also uploaded an alternate copy of the offending picture. This time I've pre-shrunk it to the 1024x768 size the media folder limits them to and renamed it with a .jpg suffix rather than .jpeg

I'm wondering if it's an ISP specific thing (i.e. provider level content filtering of some sort) as I've not had problems using iOS Safari on NGF since I joined the forum and I wouldn't expect any other browsers to have problems either.

keithfre

I can't access those pix either. I'm using Firefox on XP.

trainsdownunder

Cant' see -- Using Chrome & W7

Is the Read box ticked for Regular Members on the Album settings page as I can see no pictures of yours anywhere and have no apparent problems with anyone else.

Sprintex

Can some of you having problems please confirm if you can see the pics now?

Permissions on that particular album (Ivebridge) were set to Guests only - have changed it to all users ;)

Paul

cjdodd

I made that mistake the other week, for some reason one of my albums had the wrong permissions on.

Bealman

I'm on phone at moment but can see all pics including all album pix.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Caz

One possible reason for the no show is that you are using the .jpeg extension instead of the standard .jpg and some browser/system don't have their x extensions set up properly, try changing the extension to .jpg and see if that helps.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

kardkits

Quote from: Zwilnik on July 16, 2014, 11:28:32 PM
I've also uploaded an alternate copy of the offending picture. This time I've pre-shrunk it to the 1024x768 size the media folder limits them to and renamed it with a .jpg suffix rather than .jpeg

I'm wondering if it's an ISP specific thing (i.e. provider level content filtering of some sort) as I've not had problems using iOS Safari on NGF since I joined the forum and I wouldn't expect any other browsers to have problems either.

I can see this one now, but the one on the post above still has the error, could be the size thing !

Andi

kardkits

or maybe as caz says, the ext format ie jpeg instead of jpg, still get the error on the folder

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations