NOTIFICATION for your topic?

Started by Woolleysh33p, July 21, 2013, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolleysh33p

:hellosign:

Maybe a notification could be sent like when someone thanks you, when someone posts on your own topic?

May make it a bit easier to see of anyone has replied rather than having to constantly check.

:thankyousign:

:NGaugersRule:

bigbob

I get an email if someone posts in one of my topics and get a red flashing triangle for a quote/thanks etc

scotsoft

Quote from: Woolleysh33p on July 21, 2013, 10:02:44 PM
:hellosign:

Maybe a notification could be sent like when someone thanks you, when someone posts on your own topic?

May make it a bit easier to see of anyone has replied rather than having to constantly check.

:thankyousign:

:NGaugersRule:

You can select those options in your profile  ;)

cheers John.

trainsdownunder

When posting a reply or thread click the link at the bottom "Attachments........" and you will see the options. Alternatively go to the "post" click Notify(Un notify) to get same.

:thumbsup:

Sprintex

Yep, and as John said notifications of Thanks or Quotes (and a whole lot more) are in your Profile under 'Alerts'. As bigbob rightly stated these will show as a red triangle towards the top left of the page just above the "Home" button in the top menu where you have Home, Help and FAQ, NGF Links, etc :thumbsup:

Paul

Dorsetmike

Is there no way to turn off all email notifications, In one day I've got more emails from here than I normally get in total for a week from all sources - even spam!  I don't need email notification, I visit the site at least 3 or 4 times a day and know how to use "see unread posts" why should I have to turn of email notification for each thread?

I've looked in the profile settings and can only see a tick box for "allow members to contact via email" I don't wish to cut off member communications, just the auto "you have a reply"
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

scotsoft

Hi Mike,

If you go to your profile and click on Notifications.

You can deselect the first option.
Just to be on the safe side go to the last option "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of:" on the right select "Nothing at all"

I think that should do it  ;)

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations