Uploading phots

Started by Trev, May 28, 2013, 08:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trev

Tried to upload a few photos last night using the mass upload feature and the single upload but although the files seem to upload, they don't show in the album.

The first time I tried, the file size was too big so I reduced it down to below 1mb and still the same problem.

Tried again this morning and still the same. Upload reaching 100% and then nothing showing, even after waiting some time before checking.

Any ideas please?
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

scotsoft

Hi Trev,

I have just tried the mass upload and it worked fine for me.
The pictures I uploaded were all around the 400Kb size.
Perhaps if you reduced the size further you may be successful.

chers John.

Trev

I thought images could up to 3000kb according to the upload page, so my image that is 800kb shouldn't be causing a problem.
Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

scotsoft

I have uploaded a picture that is just under 800Kb, it did take a bit of time to upload and when I checked it the file had been reduced in size.

So if the system is reducing the files as it uploads them try uploading a couple at a time and see if that works.

cheers John.

keithfre

I had a quick look in the FAQ on resizing photos and I got the impression that the limit is 500k.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations