Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaiwhara

I think you are all looking at something else possibly? Are we all talking about the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit"?
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Newportnobby

That's what I was referring to, yes.
If I have to log out with some still to read, they are there when I log back in

kaiwhara

Hmmmm, not for me? Bit of a PITA...

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 13, 2012, 08:59:21 PM
I think you are all looking at something else possibly? Are we all talking about the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit"?
What I did was to log off then log on on the Mobile site. I went to 'show unread posts' - there were about five of them. I opened up one of the unread posts before logging off. Then I logged back in on my lap-top, selected 'Show unread posts' and the same number came up (minus the one that I had just read)

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

kaiwhara

Does it still work with several hours between them?

Newportnobby

It does for me. I can be on at lunchtime then leave some to read anything up to 7-8 hours later.

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 13, 2012, 09:06:57 PM
Does it still work with several hours between them?
I'll be logging off in a mo on the mobile so will check tomorrow when I'm having my Latte :laugh:

kaiwhara

Why are you lot so bleeding Special! Must be those damn Latte's with a 12 hour differential! (Must affect the quality being 12 hours late!)

daveg

Could it be that the phone is being held upside down? :D

Dave G

Pengi

Quote from: kaiwhara on December 13, 2012, 09:15:56 PM
Why are you lot so bleeding Special! Must be those damn Latte's with a 12 hour differential! (Must affect the quality being 12 hours late!)
Depends what else you put in the Latte  :nerner: Have to check this out though, in case there is a technical issue.

kaiwhara

Quote from: daveg on December 13, 2012, 09:21:02 PM
Could it be that the phone is being held upside down? :D

Dave G

I am in New Zealand, Land of the Long Flat White, that's out National Coffee (but I drink a Cappacinno - that is irrelevant!)

Pengi

I think I've had the same 'unread posts' issue as Kaiwhara :worried: as I know what time I logged out and when I logged back in, all the unread posts were from a time after that. I might have overlooked something though.

Will test during the day - if anyone else has same issue then please let us know

kaiwhara

Quote from: Pengy on December 14, 2012, 05:07:01 AM
I think I've had the same 'unread posts' issue as Kaiwhara :worried: as I know what time I logged out and when I logged back in, all the unread posts were from a time after that. I might have overlooked something though.

Will test during the day - if anyone else has same issue then please let us know

Sounds similar to me. If I log in on the mobile followed shortly by the Laptop or Vice Versa within a short time window they all still show. Once we start talking Hours though, different story.

How was the Latte?  :P

Caz

Did a test this morning using my Samsung Android mobile (Gingerbread 2.6) and Windows XP laptop (sp3).

Using the mobile I clicked on the little star to give access to the "read all unread" etc menu, selected "unread posts", left the first couple and the last couple in the list but read all the others.  I then exited my mobile browser.

10 minutes later, fired up laptop, checked unread posts and those that I had read weren't there but the ones I'd purposely left were still waiting for me.  So it all seems to work as it should on my systems.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

kaiwhara

Quote from: whiteswan on December 14, 2012, 07:59:21 AM
Did a test this morning using my Samsung Android mobile (Gingerbread 2.6) and Windows XP laptop (sp3).

Using the mobile I clicked on the little star to give access to the "read all unread" etc menu, selected "unread posts", left the first couple and the last couple in the list but read all the others.  I then exited my mobile browser.

10 minutes later, fired up laptop, checked unread posts and those that I had read weren't there but the ones I'd purposely left were still waiting for me.  So it all seems to work as it should on my systems.

So what happens when you leave it for an hour?

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations