Thankyou button

Started by scotsoft, May 09, 2012, 07:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

I am having problems when I click on the Thank You icon in a thread.
I get a white bar along the top of the screen saying "LOADING" and just sits there?
I have rebooted my computer and only had one window open and it still does it.
HELP!

John.

Tank

What browser do you use John?

scotsoft

Internet Explorer 9 and the problem has happened before but usually that was when I had loads of windows open, when I closed them and rebooted the problem went but not this time.

Tank

IE9 is 'orrible!  Some functions on the forum don't seem to work very well with it, bu I suggest changing to Firefox or something else.

scotsoft

I tried Firefox once and did not like it but I will try a few of the other available.

Thanks for your input  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Hi John,

I reported the very same problem some time ago but it is limited to IE. Firefox works just fine but I find IE more user friendly in an odd sort of way :-[

Adam1701D

It all works well on Google Chrome under Windows 7. Not tried IE9 (we support it at work and I hate it with a passion).
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Newportnobby

Strangely the button at the end of the row works just fine, but if the button is in the middle of the row I just get 'Loading...' and have to abort the ThankYou ???

Tank

Quote from: scotsoft on May 09, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
I tried Firefox once and did not like it but I will try a few of the other available.

I always used to use IE, but I never looked back when Firefox came out.  You can set up Firefox to look like IE.  I prefer it as it's much quicker, and is able to work with websites better.  Each to their own though!  :)

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on May 09, 2012, 07:45:28 PM
Hi John,

I reported the very same problem some time ago but it is limited to IE. Firefox works just fine but I find IE more user friendly in an odd sort of way :-[

I like IE as well and being a grumpy old person I don't like changing something I am so familiar with,

Quote from: newportnobby on May 09, 2012, 07:59:37 PM
Strangely the button at the end of the row works just fine, but if the button is in the middle of the row I just get 'Loading...' and have to abort the ThankYou ???

I find it worked fine when I clicked it on a different post but still cannot get anywhere with the Sat Nav joke and like you I have to abort.  We will have to watch out, we might start to get hate mail with the amount of aborting we are doing  :o

scotsoft

Quote from: Tank on May 09, 2012, 08:36:03 PM
Quote from: scotsoft on May 09, 2012, 07:29:28 PM

I always used to use IE, but I never looked back when Firefox came out.  You can set up Firefox to look like IE.  I prefer it as it's much quicker, and is able to work with websites better.  Each to their own though!  :)

I will try it and if I don't like it I can always revert back to the stone age  :thumbsup:

Oldman

Works fine with Chrome and XP,
Also works fine on Android with Opera Mini.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

davieb

i've just tried with IE running on Windows 7
and it works just fine

could it possibly be an anti-virus software problem  ???
i'm using AVG free latest version

dave  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Quote from: davieb on May 09, 2012, 09:05:59 PM
i've just tried with IE running on Windows 7
and it works just fine

could it possibly be an anti-virus software problem  ???
i'm using AVG free latest version

dave  :thumbsup:

It works most of the time Dave, it is just the odd occasion where it doesn't.

Easy to solve, I just write a thank you post  :thumbsup:

Plus I am running the same as you Win 7, IE9 and AVG free.

OwL

Androids, Internet explorers, firefox's, chrome plated cpu's, megabits, pixels!!!!

Jeez.............. What happened to good ol dial up eh?  ;) that worked didn't it? :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations