Will somebody please feed the hamster

Started by Dorsetmike, November 26, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

The one in the treadmill that drives the generator to power the forum; I've never known it so slow, I could have  opened and read another forum while waiting.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

daffy

No problems here all day. Maybe the hamster's cousin is the cause if your woes. I suspect a rat is chewing the wiring somewhere along your line from the ISP, Mike.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

ntpntpntp

It's been fine all day, whenever I've looked in.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

guest311

been quite slow on and off today down here in Sussex, ok at the moment

guest311

spoke too soon, just took over a minute to mark all messages read  :-[

Dorsetmike

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

I posted a reply to this topic last night, (first reply), asking, tongue in cheek, if there was another forum. I then made a comment about the delay in being notified of some posts. That reply has disappeared and there is no record of it in 'Show Own Posts'. Can someone please explain why?  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

There is no record of it in the moderation log I'm afraid.  Did it definitely post?

daffy

My own reply showing as #1 was within half an hour of the OP and I didn't see one from @dannyboy when I posted it.
A mystery wrapped up in an enigma? :confused2:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

The forum has been fine all morning.
But now....at 12.40 it's taking 20 seconds to load individual threads as I click on them.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

Quote from: port perran on November 27, 2018, 12:42:00 PM
The forum has been fine all morning.
But now....at 12.40 it's taking 20 seconds to load individual threads as I click on them.
And 30 seconds to post it once I'd hit thr Post button.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Tank

Snowwolflair

There has been a Black Friday network capacity problem for some days affecting large parts of the internet.

There is also rumoured to be a lot of (Russian) troll traffic about Brexit eating bandwidth.

dannyboy

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
There is no record of it in the moderation log I'm afraid.  Did it definitely post?

Whilst I would not swear to it, I am pretty certain it did post.  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations