My second favourite forum has disappeared

Started by David Asquith, July 25, 2016, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Asquith

Hi all,

As some of you know my other hobby is scooters.  I belonged to a forum called Scooter community.  For a while there were only about five of us posting but a few days ago when I tried to access the site I got the message "Page not found" and
"The page you attempted to access could not be found".  The headers and graphics are there but no comments.  I have tried to access the site by bookmarks, history and a search but still no success.  I have no way of contacting the administrator so I looked to see if they have a Facebook page and they have but only old posts on it.  Could anyone suggest anything else.
Many thanks

Dave

austinbob

Is there an email address for the site? If it's not on what's left of the website then try googling for it or a snail mail address perhaps.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Griffo

Have you tried any of the historic cache web pages. The one I use is

https://archive.org/web/

plenty of cached web site images going back several years.

Steve

Steve Brassett

I can see a forum called Scooter Community, but the most recent post is July 5th.

David Asquith

Hi Guys,  Thanks for the replies and ideas.
Bob, there is nothing on the page that I can get to except headings for the different areas.  I have tried to open all of them but just get the same message Page not found.  Thank you.
Griff, Nothing on that site.  Thank you.
Steve.  I also can get those posts and my log in details are filled in but when I click sign in or on any of the posts I get the same message Page not found.  Thank you.

Any more suggestions would be gratefully received

Dave

njee20

What is it you're trying to achieve? Do you want to find your old content? Get contact details for the other posters? Or see if the site is still live?

It seems very obvious the latter isn't the case, so a cached version of the website should be able to help you achieve the first two.

Steve Brassett

Quote from: Espantrainfan on July 25, 2016, 09:09:54 PM
Steve.  I also can get those posts and my log in details are filled in but when I click sign in or on any of the posts I get the same message Page not found.  Thank you.
I see what you mean.  I only had a superficial look at first, but if I try to go deeper I get the same results as you do. Dead as a dodo.

Time to find a new forum, I'm afraid.

daveg

Daft question perhaps but have you tried the 'Contact Us' page?

http://www.scootercommunity.co.uk/help/contact

Didn't attempt a message but it may either confirm the site is down, there's a system fault or just maybe you hear back.

Good luck!

Dave G

David Asquith

Thanks guy's for your efforts.  I am attempting to see if the site is still live and if I can continue using it

Dave thanks for the help/contact link.  I hadn't seen it before and when I looked yesterday I didn't look at the bottom of the page!  Doh!  I have now found it and sent a message.  Thanks again and I'll keep you informed.

Dave

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations