Right click and copy

Started by Yeoman, April 13, 2016, 08:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeoman

I am using Windows 10. If I open a web page and want to copy and paste a photograph from that page I have previously and simply right clicked and then left click and "save picture as".

I am unable to do this and cannot find a setting to change to allow this.

Any ideas please?
Building a layout with fumbling fingers and failing eye sight!

MJKERR

Which browser are you using?
The Start Menu default uses Edge, but you can pin any (installed browser)

The Desktop also defaults to Edge

I have updated my file versions to use IE 11
You should then be able to save uncertified and/or unprotected files
However, this is integrated with Edge so still has issues

As a result I now use Google Chrome for the majority of viewing websites

To save all other images I use Snipping Tool, which you will find on the Start Menu

mickster04

My first recommendation would be to use Chrome, but failing that, what options do you get? maybe we ca work out what it should be (I don't have your browser)

Caz

I'm running Win10 and Firefox and have no trouble right clicking on pics and saving out.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

LAandNQFan

Quote from: Caz on April 14, 2016, 06:46:09 PM
I'm running Win10 and Firefox and have no trouble right clicking on pics and saving out.   :thumbsup:
As with Caz, I have no problems using Firefox 45.0.2
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Ditape

I have no problems either with Windows 10 and Firefox.
Diane Tape

GrahamB

I was trained in DOS and Windoze is still DOS with lots of pretty rubbish. I still:
Control+C to copy,
Control+X to cut,
Control+V to paste.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

LAandNQFan

Quote from: GrahamB on April 16, 2016, 08:54:40 AM
I was trained in DOS and Windoze is still DOS with lots of pretty rubbish. I still:
Control+C to copy,
Control+X to cut,
Control+V to paste.
:thumbsup: And DOS inherited them from C-PM (Control-Processes for Microprocessors).  It is still the backbone of Windows nearly 40 years later despite many generations of GUIs and pointing devices!
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

Dorsetmike

In those days I preferred DR-DOS to the MS version, MS-DOS was usually about 6 months behind DR-DOS with new commands etc, the inclusion of a help facility (/H) took MS quite a while to implement their version after DR introduced it.

I think that if MS hadn't forced DR out of the running by ploys such as offering hardware manufacturers attractive licensing deals (which was later banned by US court action) and making the early versions of Windows crash if DR DOS was detected on the machine, then competition might have given us some far better operating systems.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

MJKERR

I'm running Win10 and Firefox and have no trouble right clicking on pics and saving out
It really depends on what website you are viewing
There are many now that have JavaScript which does not allow saving of images
Equally, some websites now use layering so the image is below one of several layers

davidinyork

Quote from: mjkerr on April 16, 2016, 11:13:45 AM
I'm running Win10 and Firefox and have no trouble right clicking on pics and saving out
It really depends on what website you are viewing
There are many now that have JavaScript which does not allow saving of images
Equally, some websites now use layering so the image is below one of several layers

Doing that all seems rather pointless to me - if you can see the picture, then there are ways to save it if you are determined enough!

MJKERR

Quote from: davidinyork on April 16, 2016, 03:56:40 PMDoing that all seems rather pointless to me - if you can see the picture, then there are ways to save it if you are determined enough!
I am coming across more and more of this

Twitter is quite bad with it, they prefer visitors to use their own links than saving the content
The MTV website has also started using layering

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations