2gb max SD cards wanted

Started by Trainfish, January 23, 2015, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Does anyone know where I can get some of these? My only 2gb card for my camera has broken and it can't handle anything bigger than that. I will also consider 1gb and 0.5gb (512mb) cards.
I'll even consider second hand cards if anyone has any at the right price.

I'd prefer full SD cards as opposed to micro SD cards fitted into an adaptor.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

zwilnik

sevendayshop.com are a pretty useful source for this sort of stuff. Their smallest size is a 4GB SDHC card for £2.89 (inclusive of delivery).

Trev

Whenever I write a letter to someone, I add a footnote briefly explaining Ohm's law. It's my P.S. de resistance.

Izzy

SD & SDHC cards are not the same, and if the camera is old enough that it was made before SDHC arrived then I think that it will not have the firmware to be able to read the latter type.

Just done a search and Maplin seem to have 2gb SD's in most of their shops. You might be able to visit and check they work in the camera in store before purchase.

Izzy

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Trainfish on January 23, 2015, 07:10:38 PM
and it can't handle anything bigger than that.
I'd prefer full SD cards
I will have same problem if my SD card breaks, (it wont handle SDHC)
while looking for future posibilities I got sidetracked into WiFi enabled cards and was surprised to find that Eyefi say they have SD compatible cards for my camera.
Pricy by comparison but

You could check your camera out on their site www.eyefi.com

Oldman

Have 3 off 1GB and 2 off 2GB sitting in the drawer, use 4GB in my camera and use 8GB minimum Micro SD in phone, dashcams and android tablet.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Trainfish

I don't suppose you want to sell them on do you Oldman?  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

These are no longer required thanks to both Jools and Oldman. Thanks fellas  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Dorsetmike

For future reference Amazon have some.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Trainfish

Thanks Mike. I did have a quick look on ebay and Crucial Memory last night but a lot aren't suitable. Hopefully I'll never need any more but I'll bear it in mind if I do  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations