I.MAC

Started by Steveuk, December 15, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveuk

The good lady brought me a iMac , will photo bucket still work , as i have all ways been use to normal pc ,s
Thanks as all ways
Steve

Pengi

I have an iMac and photo bucket works fine for me.  :thumbsup:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

ChrisWV10

Yes, no problem browsing and using photobucket in Safari which is the mac's installed browser. You can download firefox if you prefer it not sure about chrome. Internet explorer is no longer available for mac and hasn't been for some years.

When you're in photobucket, click on upload and a finder window will open (os x equivalent of windows explorer) look under the media heading in the left pane for photos and select the files you want. notpictures folder and iphoto library. You can use shift or ctrl as in windows to select multiple files.

C. :)

Croxy

Photobucket works just fine and you can use different browsers such as Firefox or Chrome.....but not Internet Exploder.....but no loss there.....

There's a bit of an adjustment to how you do some things with a MAC but I like mine.....seem to have far fewer issues overall!
If you like it run it......

Pengi

Quote from: Croxy on December 15, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

There's a bit of an adjustment to how you do some things with a MAC but I like mine.....seem to have far fewer issues overall!
Fully agree - I use MACs for my business and find that it saves me time and I am much less grumpy than I was when using PCs  :)

Steveuk

Hi
Ty for help, another question, the canon printer shows wifi on, and the mac computer sees the printer, but for some reason i can not print to wifi, i have a canon cd disk but no cd driver on the mac.

the mac picked it up ok, so again any idea were i am going wrong.
as you can tell all new to iMac
thank you again
Steve

Kipper

My Kodak printer sometimes has an off day, and says it cannot find my Mac. The wifi light on the printer shows full signal, as does the Mac, but the message persists. I usually re-download the driver from the Kodak website, and everything goes back to normal. Might be worth a try with your Canon.

Croxy

I agree....check with the Cannon website and download the driver.....better than using one off of the CD which would be old....that way you'll get the latest available driver

:D
If you like it run it......

Pengi

Steve,

It may be that the printer queue is set up for USB and not wireless. Might be worth deleting the printer and starting again

This article may help

I don't print over wi-fi so have not followed this through

Bikeracer

Check on the apple site for compatability,some printer drivers don't work properly on a mac.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Steveuk

All  sorted  :claphappy:

had it on usb, I'm a muppet , thanks all who helped. bring back commodore 64  :claphappy: :thankyousign:

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Don't laugh... there are emulators you can download that make modern machines act like C64s!!

Anyway, glad you got your computrickery sorted.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Pengi

If you are reminiscing about old computers and software, there is a very good emulator for Elite called Oolite

It works on a number of platforms. Link

Bealman

Geez, Pengi... you old 8-bitter, you! Elite... I'd totally forgotten about that game.

Anyway, I guess we're drifting off topic here, but I seem to remember being involved in a retro C64 - old computer games thread a couple of years ago. I guess as a mod I should be able to post a link, but I've just got home from a wine tour of the Hunter Valley and am to tired to look for it. I shall do post it in morning for those interested.  :thumbsup: :sleep:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Railwaygun

when all else fails - use a cable!!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23