Inkjet printers

Started by Oldman, May 01, 2013, 07:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Need an inkjet that will print on 245gsm  photocard. :confused2:
Currently have a HP deskjet F2100 and that will only go 180gsm.

Must work on windows XP and be reasonable cost to replace the ink cartridges. :-\
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Mustermark

Not sure about the card thickness, but having vowed to avoid HP and Epson in the future, I am enjoying my Canon inkjet.  Their cartridges seem reasonable.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

EtchedPixels

Sticky labels may be a cheaper option - just get the A4 sized labels and print on them then stick em onto anything - including clear plastic after you cut the windows out
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Phil Hendry

We always had HPS at work, and I owned one myself.  The print quality was okay, but every HP I've ever seen (and that's a lot, right from 'home' quality, right up to fancy networked laser printers) had some sort of 'issue' with paper feed - either they jammed, or fed the paper slightly askew, or something.  Epsons always seem to suffer from blocked jets, though the paper feed is always okay, and print quality (when the jets weren't blocked).  I'm currently on a Canon, which is eight years old, and still going strong. Print quality is pretty good, paper feed is okay, and cartridges, though not cheap, seem to last well and are pretty reliable.  If/when I buy another printer, it'll probably be a Canon.
I am not a complete lunatic - there are pieces missing!

dodger

I've had an Epson for about 6 years and I'm very pleased with it, but not sure about card thickness. Had a HP 5510 for christmas but was disappointed from the start as it darkened everything. HP agreed there was a fault and replaced it with one just as bad. Eventually sent back for a refund. Now back with the Epson.

Dodger

Pengi

Quote from: Phil Hendry on May 01, 2013, 10:40:38 PM
We always had HPS at work, and I owned one myself.  The print quality was okay, but every HP I've ever seen (and that's a lot, right from 'home' quality, right up to fancy networked laser printers) had some sort of 'issue' with paper feed - either they jammed, or fed the paper slightly askew, or something.  Epsons always seem to suffer from blocked jets, though the paper feed is always okay, and print quality (when the jets weren't blocked).  I'm currently on a Canon, which is eight years old, and still going strong. Print quality is pretty good, paper feed is okay, and cartridges, though not cheap, seem to last well and are pretty reliable.  If/when I buy another printer, it'll probably be a Canon.

I've been using the same Canon Pixma for about 5 years and, apart from the ink-cartridge cost, I've not had an issue (although I've not used card on it). I keep thinking about ditching it (and my mono laser) for a colour laser but both just keep doing the business.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

tim-pelican

Quote from: Pengi on May 02, 2013, 07:20:03 AM
I've been using the same Canon Pixma for about 5 years and, apart from the ink-cartridge cost, I've not had an issue (although I've not used card on it). I keep thinking about ditching it (and my mono laser) for a colour laser but both just keep doing the business.

I love my colour laser (HP LJ2600n), especially that if I don't print anything for a few weeks, it still Just Works, unlike the drying-out problem I've always had with inkjets.  Toner-filling time hurts though - a full set of all four cartridges is £260 for genuine parts.  I managed about £110 for remanufactured, but they are observably not quite as good.

Caz

I've got an HP colour laser (2605DN) as well and very pleased with it except of course when you have to buy new cartridges.  Genuine HP cost about £115 each but I've managed to get refills for £50 a pop, haven't noticed the difference in printing any of my genealogy books which run out at 1200 odd pages a go.  The great thing about it is it does double sided automatically, trying to do it manually on my old printer was a nightmare.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Oldman

Thanks guys & gals,
Think I might just stick with the devil I know and find someone with a printer that will work with the Photocard.  The card is actually for some photo's that I wanted printed out ( Not railway related).
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations