Good N Gauge/N Scale World Wide Model Shop Map.

Started by OwL, January 20, 2013, 12:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprintex

Are you sure it was another forum??

Sounds strangely like THIS ONE we already have on here - Google Maps link and you PM Tank to get added to it  ::)

Paul

scotsoft

Quote from: OwL on January 20, 2013, 09:25:22 AM
You are 100% correct that we do have an online/model shop section but as you pointed out it is underused and i doubt members would trawl through the posts of trying to find a shop to a location they are thinking of going to.

I have just looked at the not online thread and there are 27 entries, not even two full pages worth.
I have my doubts that having a map would change much if they can't be bothered to go through 27 entries.

If I were going to a particular place and wanted to find out if there were any model shops, I would first use Google, then secondly I would post a message here about any specific shops that appeared in a Google search, then find out if any of the membership had shopped there before.

It is a good idea but the way the majority of people seem to be shopping these days is online.

cheers John.

daveg

Although I supported the original suggestion and enjoy the 'real' shopping experience you make a valid point John.

I guess if folk were wanting to know if there was a shop and used the Forum they could do a search on, for instance, 'Shops Rochester', and see what results they get. That search BTW returns postings on The Signal Box.

As a boss of mine once said to me. 'An excellent solution, looking for a problem.'

Dave G

OwL

It would seem that the idea is not be!
Never mind, thanks to everyone who replied and shared their opinions.

Moderators: time to lock and close thread. Ta.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations