Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antipodean

Quote from: jpendle on September 27, 2020, 06:54:31 PM
Course by this time next week my trousers won't fit :helpneededsign:

I've learned how to make fudge at home. I intend to make some for Christmas presents come December, which means I must first practice.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Bealman

I am.

Too hot in Queensland at that time of year for what you suggest.

Yukko  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

I've been seeking a late crest Dapol Hall for some time now but have been somewhat deterred by reading contrary reports on it. Luckily for me Dr Al remembered my want so to get one from him and checked over/fixed as well was a complete Brucie Bonus. (pics by Dr Al)..........

Thank you @Dr Al

Antipodean

So, I found a bulk lot of Kato track on Gumtree. Unfortunately, it was too much ($350) for my poor wallet, but I could afford perhaps half of it, if the seller was willing to split. I turned to my best friend for her advice. She asked me to send her the listing to judge for herself; she agreed that I should ask to split the listing. He agreed, and I travelled down to the big smoke to collect. When I get there, it transpires that someone else has bought the lot.

My friend had conspired with her father to pay for the whole lot as an early birthday present. Over a thousand* dollars worth of track, including five #6 and six #4 turnouts, is now mine. I have so many ideas....

Photos, for those that want them.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

*Most of it had the original price tags still on, so he knew the value of what he was selling. And yes, I'm 'insufferably curious', so I added it up.

daffy

Brilliant, congratulations for the upcoming birthday, and such a wonderful friend. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

tutenkhamunsleeping

SWMBO has just managed to spill a gallon of paint in the passenger footwell of her car. Why is this in the happy thread? Simply because it's not (yet) MY fault.

There was something else that wasn't my fault once, if memory serves ;)

emjaybee

Quote from: tutenkhamunsleeping on October 17, 2020, 09:56:02 AM
SWMBO has just managed to spill a gallon of paint in the passenger footwell of her car. Why is this in the happy thread? Simply because it's not (yet) MY fault.

There was something else that wasn't my fault once, if memory serves ;)

In my experience it's always good to have one 'in the bank' as it were. That's a good one, should be worth three or four regular infractions.

For those on the forum who don't know what I mean, ask someone who's married to explain.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

themadhippy

Quote(yet)
its still early days,give it a few more hours and youll be to blame
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

guest311

because she only spilt it because you didn't go and get it  :'(

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Malc

When I used to go fishing, the lad giving me a lift spilt a pint of maggots in his boot. He only found about a third of them. The rest turned into bluebottles over the coming days and he had to leave his car windows open before he could drive it.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

My mate John, a keen fisherman, kept his maggots in a plastic box in the fridge, much to the annoyance of his wife. I have known him to spill them as well ::)
Who else remembers Freddie Starr flinging supposed maggots into his 'celeb' audience, some of which went down Janet Brown's dress? Some say it was just rice he threw but with Freddie you just never knew what he'd do :no:
A total nutter but one of the few who could make me cry laughing.

daffy

My first - and last - fishing trip is memorable only because my mate, a keen angler, sat by the riverside, assembled his rod, took his box of maggots out of his bag to bait his hook, opened it .......

... and hundreds of flies shouted 'We're free at last!" and flew off to enjoy their lives. :goggleeyes:

We spent the morning proving that earthworms ain't the great fish-bait childhood books and images had suggested. :no:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Manny

Many a happy time as a teenager fishing - we used to stroll down to Boots The Chemist and ask the nice lady for a tin of Cymag which would clear the wasps from their nests so that we could get to the wasp grubs for bait - well that was the theory anyway.

Cymag produces hydrogen cyanide when mixed with water  - the lady just said to wet it and stand well clear!

Bealman

Good job it was in fresh air!

Won't tell you about the time I set fire to me hand in me lab  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations