Resizing pics

Started by Newportnobby, August 10, 2018, 10:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I'd like to post some pics of my new bike on the Club Kawasaki forum but they have a size limit of 1.95B and my pics always come out at over 3MB. the format is JPEG and the pics are 4000 x 3000 pixels. Anyone know of a simple (and I mean simple) way of reducing them in size please?
TIA

austinbob

Depends which photo editor you're using but most have a resizing option in one of the pull down menus.  :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Bealman

I had prob with my  SLR pics on here.  There is a free optimising program that will reduce them online as you store them on your computer. I think scotsoft put me on to it, if I recall.

Me being me, I can't recall the name of it.  :-[

I'm sure more computer savvy members will be along soon!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Delboy

If you could say what Operating System you have and what photo editor I am sure someone would be able to guide you.
D
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

Thanks, Chaps.
I've sussed it. Opened the pics with 'Paint' and resized them by pixels rather than % and job's a good 'un.

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 10, 2018, 10:36:20 AM
Thanks, Chaps.
I've sussed it. Opened the pics with 'Paint' and resized them by pixels rather than % and job's a good 'un.

Yeps that's what I use, even though I have other photo editor software available.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations