Osborn-Dapol Exclusive

Started by REGP, August 09, 2012, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

If you are interested in GWR stock you might like to know (if you already didn't) that Osborn's are taking advance orders for the following :

GWR Collett Brake Composite Shirtbutton Coach Livery £17.95
GWR Collett Composite Shirtbutton Coach Livery. £17.95
GWR Collett Third Coach  Shirtbutton Livery. £17.95

GWR B Set pair (2) Shirtbutton  Coach Livery. £23.95 the pair

No pictures as yet unfortunately.

Usual disclaimer I have no connection with Osborns just interested in GWR.

Ray

Ollie3440

I was looking on their site earlier and noticed there are a few new limited edition locos they are advertising:

GWR 2884 #3850 GWR Green
GWR Modified Hall #6960 'Raveningham Hall' GWR Green
SR Schools #925 'Cheltenham' SR Green
SR West County #34019 'Bideford' BR Early

I can see myself ordering a Cheltenham and Raveningham Hall :D

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

zwilnik

I've put myself on the wait list for the GWR Green 2884 although Osbornes emailed me back to say for the moment it is just a contact list as they're not going to take pre-orders until they're know they're getting them having previously been burned by Dapol on their limited edition Western diesels.

Hopefully this time Dapol will get it right as a GWR 2884 would suit me nicely :)

Got my shirt button Collets pre-ordered already though.

Karhedron

I have got several of Maurice's previous ltd editions and I am sure I will get more.

Raveningham Hall is a tricky choice though. When in service it ran with a Hawksworth pattern tender. When it was restored it swapped tenders with 4930 Hagley Hall and so now runs with a Collett pattern 4000 gallon tender. This means that whichever tender the loco is modelled with, it will be unsuitable for one period or the other.

I cannot help wondering if one of the other preserved modified Halls would be a better candidate.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

lionwing

Ordered the "B-Set" to complete my rolling stock....yeah like a rolling stock collection is ever complete!

:claphappy:
Richard - Stop before the buffers!

Quote from: Zwilnik on August 09, 2012, 11:56:06 PM
............previously been burned by Dapol on their limited edition Western diesels.
I have one of these on order, are they not going to happen?

zwilnik

Quote from: 1018509 on August 19, 2013, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: Zwilnik on August 09, 2012, 11:56:06 PM
............previously been burned by Dapol on their limited edition Western diesels.
I have one of these on order, are they not going to happen?

Looks like they finally got them (with an apology from Dapol). I got my 2884 and it went straight back for a refund after it refused to go around any corners (usual Dapol design flaws).

johnlambert

The Osborn's stuff does look good, almost makes me want to sneak some more pre-nationalisation stuff into my predominantly BR collection. 

GWR-Kris

Quote from: REGP on August 09, 2012, 11:41:01 PM
GWR Collett Brake Composite Shirtbutton Coach Livery £17.95
GWR Collett Composite Shirtbutton Coach Livery. £17.95
GWR Collett Third Coach  Shirtbutton Livery. £17.95

GWR B Set pair (2) Shirtbutton  Coach Livery. £23.95 the pair

I got mine a few weeks back, finally some new running numbers for the colletts, same as the other collets they have released ie lightbar pick ups same tooling. B set coaches look good but its a shame they dont some with the pick ups, and NEM couplings.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations