Covid 19 Isolation advice

Started by Railwaygun, March 19, 2020, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railwaygun

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/873635/Stay_at_home_guidance_diagram.pdf

Guidance on when to isolate and what to do if you develop symptoms when in isolation

advice on association :
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

guest311

as a thought, I have started to ask people if they wish to have parcels sent, or would prefer to wait.
might be over the top, but without knowing people's situations, seemed appropriate.

daffy

I think nothing that may help people through this difficult time is over the top. Good for you for thinking of others in this way.
:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

crewearpley40

Just a quick pm to a member or a call, a text also goes along way   just to say hi.

njee20

Am I missing something on the advice on the JPG? That says everyone should be under 14 day household isolation, that's not the guidance. They've advised those over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women to self-isolate for 12 weeks.

If you show symptoms you should isolate for 7 days. Everyone else in the household, or those who you have recently had close contact with you should self-isolate for 14 days, or 7 days after starting to show symptoms.

It's also not "household isolation", indeed getting outside for a walk (away from people) is desireable.

The PDF guidance makes sense, but the JPG is misleading.

daffy

Note that the jpeg has a number of asterisk symbols on some box wordings that is not shown in explanation. This probably accounts for the confusion.

NHS website advice:

QuoteHow long to stay at home

If you have symptoms

If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to stay at home for 7 days.

After 7 days:

if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to stay at home
if you still have a high temperature, stay at home until your temperature returns to normal
You do not need to stay at home if you just have a cough after 7 days. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.

If you live with someone who has symptoms

If you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to stay at home for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.

If more than 1 person at home has symptoms, stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person started having symptoms.

If you get symptoms, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms start, even if it means you're at home for longer than 14 days.

If you do not get symptoms, you can stop staying at home after 14 days.

If you have symptoms and live with a vulnerable person

If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to arrange for them to stay with friends or family for 14 days.

If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Dorsetmike

Had an Email from some Tesco bigwig saying that they would close at 10pm and concentrate overnight on shelf filling for the following day and were going to try and make the period from 9am to 10am for us old and decrepit ones so would the rest of the general public honour this; neighbour of mine, (he's a bit younger than me only just turned 80) went out early this morning and almost got trampled by the mob at Asda - maybe they didn't get the same message?

I'll have to take my chance tomorrow nearly out of milk.

One thing that occurs to me, I can see some of the logic behind the "first hour for the older citizens" but against it I wonder how we are supposed to get there in rush hour on crowded buses (2 metre separation ????????) or if driving adding to the traffic jams and the likely increased air pollution therein.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

guest311

our local Tesco opens at 06:00, so by the time the oldies slot starts at 09:00 all the lemmings have emptied the shelves  >:(

also, today got 8 x 2lt bottles of water, but had x5 removed at the checkout as only allowed x3 ....

but I could have bought 3 x 8 bottle packs of 2lt bottles, that would have been ok ...

though of course given Tesco a lot more profits  :censored:

Malc

Birmingham city council had advised that the 9:30 start for free bus/tram/train passes is suspended until further notice. So we can get a much earlier bus.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Dorsetmike on March 19, 2020, 04:47:14 PM
Had an Email from some Tesco bigwig saying that they would close at 10pm and concentrate overnight on shelf filling for the following day and were going to try and make the period from 9am to 10am for us old and decrepit ones so would the rest of the general public honour this

Got the same mail so tested Tesco this morning twixt 9 and 10.
No loo roll
No tinned tomatoes
Virtually no pet food
No painkillers
When I asked what the rules were on milk I was told only 2 items per person. I wanted 3 x 2pt but was told I could have 2 x 4pt instead. :doh: Trouble is they don't fit in the fridge door.
Lots of oldies in there but also lots of youngsters. ::)

crewearpley40

Could not believe the usual sights with eerie empty shelves  trolley loads, but two idiots having fisticuffs . Yes. It happened.staff could not cope. Got my bag load and exited promptly. Hope we will not be on ration books or seeing army personnel down every aisle

daffy

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 20, 2020, 11:43:10 AM
Lots of oldies in there but also lots of youngsters. ::)

Not surprised about the number of youngsters Mick. :no:

After all, at our age, nearly everyone is a youngster! :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Papyrus

Have you tried a little local corner shop? A lot of them still seem to have full shelves of tinned goods etc. Our village greengrocer has plenty of veg and fruit while the supermarkets have been swept clean.

Cheers,

Chris

crewearpley40

Chris. That's the way forward. Mccolls where I live have a good supply and my local shop manager has rationed 4 bog rolls per household, 6 tins  1 marg, 1 bread, milk per family. The local shops tend to be more helpful. Solid piece of helpful advice chris

Newportnobby

Quote from: crewearpley40 on March 20, 2020, 11:46:56 AM
Hope we will not be on ration books

The great British public obviously can't be trusted to be sensible so, IMHO, rationing should have been brought in a couple of weeks ago.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations