E-Bay....... Whats going on with the resign up stuff or is it just me ?

Started by dude2112, September 03, 2014, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude2112

I have tried to sign in to night and I am getting the up date your sign in from when they were hacked ..... :confused1:
Never Assume Anything......It makes An Ass out of U and Me.....

dude2112

Looks like my e-bay account has been hacked, keeps coming up with some one on yahoo... tossers.

mark100

03 September, 2014 | 08:21PM BST

Hello,

Due to a technical issue, some eBay customers may notice a problem with key areas of the eBay site. We're working to solve this problem and apologise for any inconvenience

Regards,
The eBay Team
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

bridgiesimon

You some issues here as well, good to hear it is being worked on, glad I do not have stuff ending this evening.

best wishes
Simon

thebrighton

Same here, Ebay reckons my sign in/password is incorrect. Oh no it isn't unless someone else has changed it!
Hopefully it will be resolved by Ebay.
Gareth

Geoff

Geoff

Sprintex

mark100

Quote from: Only Me on September 03, 2014, 09:31:04 PM
Keeps bouncing my iphone app as well as the gui changing for the worse!

My i phone is doing the same, im just leaving it until the morning, so the eBay version of the I.T team  :goggleeyes:can fix it, 

Bad Grandpa is on SKY in 20 mins, :censored: so going to check the home brew out and drag a keg up from the Cellar and will catch up in the morning :beers:

Mark :laugh3:

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Oldun

Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

scotsoft

scottmitchell74

I'm having trouble as well. Doesn't recognize my email, username, or password.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

scotsoft

dude2112

It was on the BBC News this morning about the problem, hope it works tonight as bidding on stuff..... :ngauge:

DWS

I've also had problems with Ebay this last couple of weeks however it's not with signing in or anything.  My problem is that I cannot view my Summery Page, the one that shows what your selling, what your watching etc.  I just get a blank page with a rotating bar icon at the top as if something is trying to load but no matter how long you wait, nothing does.

I understand that Ebay has carried out a major update and upgrades of the site recently (though it seems they didn't announce this before hand) and it has affected many of those who may be running older software, such as Windows XP and Apple Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) etc.

Both Microsoft and Apple have recently introduced some quite major upgrades to their operating systems and it seems that Ebay have also upgraded their systems to match these new developments, leaving those of us who are running older software out in the Digital Desert with systems that are unable to cope with the new upgrades.  The only real answer is, I am informed, is to upgrade (i.e. purchase) either the latest operating system software (if your computer is compatible) or a new computer able to run the new higher grade software.  Fortunately I am able to access my Ebay account on my iPad and it works OK as apparently the iOS (Apple mobile software) is not affected (yet).

Having followed the developments on a few computer related forums, is seems to be a case of Ebay, Microsoft and Apple not really being interested in helping users who have problems with older machines or software and expecting them to upgrade (i.e. purchase) new and up to date computers.  What we are looking at is 'Built-In Obsolescence'.  Much better for the manufactures to introduce software upgrades that will only run on their latest computers and not bother to offer new software for the users of older machines, the hope is that everyone will rush out and buy a new copmputer!  The likes of Ebay etc. then have no choice but to upgrade their own systems to match.

:veryangry: :censored:

Midsomer Magna - A fictional station in the West Country.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations