Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Yep, though previous 'classy' >:D posts now seem to sport the new monika, so as sneaking goes it's pretty much a failure Alan.  What gives? :hmmm:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Jack

Maybe Alan is sat on his favourite step at the bottom of the stairs, with his coffee flask and biscuit tin.....
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Bob G

It's turning out to be a really good day today

I finished work yesterday, so an early Easter break for me. I finished boarding the garage roof today (more storage for junk).

When I went for my physio last night, I could smell take-away curry from the restaurant next door, and persuaded Mrs G to let me buy one (we have not had any curries in 3 years, as we have been dieting). Do I woke to a curry hangover :)

My Wine52 order turned up wrong this week.. The wine box we had delivered turned out to be three white wines, but I had ordered reds, so I followed it up and they confirmed they had sent me the wrong box. So today I was informed I'd get another box of reds and could keep the whites. It is only a small case of three bottles, but its still a win!

Plus I sold two of the five locos I have on EBay, so I have a bit more room in the stock box too.

Hurrah!   :beers:

dannyboy

What lottery numbers to you want me to put on for you - on your behalf of course?  ;)

Always nice when a few things work out well in a short space of time.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

Stopped off at our favourite independent book shop in Norwich.
On the discount rack, no less than 4 GWR books I didn't have and two general railway history books.
Cost... £1 each....

stevewalker

I can't believe another year has gone by - our truly old tortoise has just woken up and eaten a few bites ... yet again! Age is unknown, but the vet estimated it as at least 60 to 70 years old, when he examined it 50-odd years ago. It might just be one of the last of the Victorians!

JBQFC

my hedgehog box now has a resident me and Clare are very happy  :laugh3:

John

Trainfish

Must be a BIG hedgehog box for both of you to fit in  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

joe cassidy

stevewalker

No, on top of decorative hats.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 15, 2022, 09:49:17 PM
Quote from: joe cassidy on April 15, 2022, 08:58:17 PM
A porcupine box ?

I thought they lived in trees :confused1:

D'oh, that's where they grow, on porcu pine trees  ::)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

port perran

Quote from: stevewalker on April 15, 2022, 05:01:29 PM
I can't believe another year has gone by - our truly old tortoise has just woken up and eaten a few bites ... yet again! Age is unknown, but the vet estimated it as at least 60 to 70 years old, when he examined it 50-odd years ago. It might just be one of the last of the Victorians!
Wow...he's had a good sleep.
Our two (24 year old youngsters) have been awake for 6 weeks.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

stevewalker

Ours always hibernates from the last week in September or the first in October to mid-April. He's one very sleepy tortoise! Maybe that is why he has survived so long. He'll be back in his box overnight for the next week, but is currently wandering around the garden.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations