The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Left Chez Bealman foe an hour yesterday afternoon, and came back to this, right outside.

Local council's latest mowing of the strip between the house and the creek. Gawd. What were they using? A tank?  :veryangry:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: stevewalker on May 06, 2022, 11:24:40 PM
I've been with EON since October and November (gas and electric were with two different companies that failed). They keep asking me to have Smart meters installed and even that I have to have them as I have agreed to do so on the tariffs I am now on - except that they apparently still don't have a way to merge the two separate accounts that they have created and I cannot have Smart meters installed until they have done so!

I think it was May 2021 when EON became EONNext and they told me the smart meters I had (which EON had fitted) were incompatible with their new systems and that I'd need new meters.
I'm still waiting. :veryangry:

emjaybee

Quote from: Bealman on May 07, 2022, 07:42:40 AM
Left Chez Bealman foe an hour yesterday afternoon, and came back to this, right outside.

Local council's latest mowing of the strip between the house and the creek. Gawd. What were they using? A tank?  :veryangry:

At a rough guess, one of these...

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

joe cassidy

Glad to hear you're out of the hospital George  :beers:

Dorsetmike

SSE fitted a smart meter last May, but continued to send me estimated readings until November; it took three quarters of an hour on the phone to convince them to use their smart meter readings.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Catsick

Angry or bewildered...

When you list something on ebay as an auction at a price you have chosen as applicable that people can and should be able to read clearly and the flippers still ask you what price will you accept?.....    ???
You don't know what you can do what you can't

guest10040

OK, we all know how this will end .....

went down to Tesco today [grandson with us for a couple of days and he likes those fries in boxes rather than proper chips !

diesel up another 1p a litre, now £1.86.9p a litre, what a sod that I filled up at the Shell garage opposite PRH a couple of days ago at £1.78.9p a litre. suck on that Tesco.

deep pan own brand pizza, was £1, now £1.10
and so on, all around the store.

lastly, thought I'd better get SWMBO some flowers, well you have to now & then....
what was last week £3.50, now £4.50, but it does have a union jack sticker on it.

what a load of money grabbing, exploiting ******

and no, I got her flowers at the local BP garage, much better value.

Tesco used to claim the cheapest fuel prices, now just another money grabbing pile of  :poop:

did however get a pack of 'coffee pods', yes I have moved into the 21st century, and got a coffee maker, still cheaper than going to Starbucks, and no wait  :angel: to be served.

so, will I be joining the local street party  :hmmm:

no chance. HM didn't bother to turn up to my passing out parade, why should I celebrate the fact that she is still 'working' when most of us have been told to **** and retire.

move over, I have first dibs on which step I sit on  :bounce:

Bealman

Quite calm by your standards. Shame your nephew prefers fries to chips.  ;)

guest10040

a couple of weeks ago I ordered some wargames figure [sorry, 20mm not proper scale] from a guy I've been using for years decades.

last friday, sent him an e-mail to ask how the order was progressing, and he replied he was on his way to the post office to post them 1st class.

today, still no delivery, and of course now you cannot phone your local delivery office, only the so called 'customer services' number.

"should have been received Saturday"
"wasn't"
"then should have arrived Monday"
"didn't, and still hasn't arrived today"

"it's delayed, not lost"

"sorry"

"won't be lost till 11th June"

amazing that the guy who sent me my order, Portsmouth to Burgess Hill, last friday, sent another order monday to New Zealand, which was delivered tuesday ....

back to him as the return address.

what is it with royal mail ?

guest10040

Quote from: Bealman on June 01, 2022, 04:35:19 PM
Quite calm by your standards. Shame your nephew prefers fries to chips.  ;)

GRANDSON  :*( :*( :*( :*( :*( :*( :*( :*(
I know, what is wrong with proper chips  :hmmm:

Bealman

Hey, it's 1.42am here. I'm allowed stuff-ups  ;D

If it's any consolation, my granddaughter is the same.  :(

crewearpley40

Nothing beats a packet of chips with salt vinegar and condiments in my opinion.

Trainfish

Quote from: Redcap244 on June 01, 2022, 04:39:35 PM
........... sent him an e-mail to ask how the order was progressing, and he replied he was on his way to the post office to post them 1st class.

Yes, I know that feeling......................
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest10040

noticed yesterday that I was running low / out of some paints and varnishes for my wargames vehicles, so popped an order off to Hattons.
as Royal Mail will not handle paints / glues etc, it needs to come by DPD 24hr delivery, which has gone up from £4 to £5,25% :censored:

anyway, got the e-mail from Hattons to say it had been packed, and an e-mail from DPD to say they had my parcel, it would be delivered today, and I would get a text today giving me my 1 hr delivery slot  :thumbsup:

then this morning the text messages started to arrive from DPD  :*(

"your parcel has been delayed due to unforeseen circumstances"
ok, it didn't get on the truck last night, be here tomorrow  :hmmm:

"your parcel will now be delivered friday the 24th"

err what  :veryangry:

phoned Hattons, and basically got the standard 'not our problem, down to DPD who are having system wide problems'
'refund of the next day payment, which I paid to you ?'
'sorry not our problem, you could try DPD'

the last time I found a phone number for DPD it cost £6 per minute :censored:

so, as you who know me, I am not a happy bunny.

25% increase in the charge, can't deliver the service paid for, seller has NFI, and the only access to DPD cost £6 a minute to be told how busy they are, how important my call is [to their profits] and that someone might actually answer before I need to take out a mortgage to pay for the  :censored: call.

looks like HB will be getting several walks today while I calm down.

TrevL

When you take Oscar for his walks Alan, wear a hat.  It'll keep the sun off your head, and make the steam come out of your ears. ;)
In all seriousness, that is appalling. >:D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations