!!

Have You Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
'Tank' and The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 686535 times)

Offline stevewalker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #7935 on: June 24, 2022, 11:09:18 PM »
Just think back to before Covid and such phonecalls inevitably resulted in messages about "an unusually large volume of calls" or similar. Nothing has changed, other than the excuse.

You'll also find that if instead of calling a company's customer service number, you ring the sales number, there is little or no waiting!

Offline Foonting

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #7936 on: July 04, 2022, 12:18:00 PM »
Prams - on pavements and in shops... or what we used to refer to as pushchairs:
Since the arrival of the McLaren when my own kids were small the humble pram/pushchair has grown like a Soviet athlete on steroids. Our local corner shop can only really host one of the modern crop of behemoths with knobbly 'off road' tyres and sockets for umbrellas and probably a gun turret/minibar too - yet at school go-home time three or four are generally crammed in (leaving no room for other customers). There seems to be an entitled attitude with both mothers and fathers that these T34s of the kinder transport world can take up disabled spaces on buses and tube trains as their progeny are clearly more important than anybody else or their comfort - oh, and they will glare at anyone who asks them to move - the very idea!.

Has the infantile obesity problem become so huge that our mewling descendants require reinforced mobile thrones to convey them about like latter day embodiments of spirit of Xerxes the Great?

Oh and god help you if a 'twin pram' bears down on you on a a narrow pavement ... you will have to leap to safety and take your chances with the traffic or be crushed under its wheels/tracks!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:19:23 PM by Foonting »

Offline stevewalker

• N Gauge Society Number: 29704
    • Awards
« Reply #7937 on: July 04, 2022, 01:27:11 PM »
I'd say that mothers often don't have much choice. Trying to hold onto a young child (or two), a change-bag, possibly shopping too and a folded pushchair at the the same time on a bus or train is nigh on impossible and they need to keep the pushchair unfolded and on its wheels to hold the child, change bag and shopping. They may also be forced to travel at fixed times to pick up and drop off a slightly older child and cannot wait for the next bus to keep the disabled area free - especially when they have to make that journey, each way, 10 times a week and so can't go earlier "in-case", because of so much lost time.

Offline Foonting

• Awards
« Reply #7938 on: July 04, 2022, 01:39:20 PM »
I'd say that mothers often don't have much choice. Trying to hold onto a young child (or two), a change-bag, possibly shopping too and a folded pushchair at the the same time on a bus or train is nigh on impossible and they need to keep the pushchair unfolded and on its wheels to hold the child, change bag and shopping. They may also be forced to travel at fixed times to pick up and drop off a slightly older child and cannot wait for the next bus to keep the disabled area free - especially when they have to make that journey, each way, 10 times a week and so can't go earlier "in-case", because of so much lost time.

This doesn't explain the burgeoning size of 'buggies'  :D or why they cost as much as a a small car and have the wheels of a motocross bike.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:27:00 PM by Foonting »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #7939 on: July 04, 2022, 03:26:16 PM »
There's an idea for Messrs Flintoff, Harris and McGuinness there :)

Offline Foonting

• Awards
« Reply #7940 on: July 04, 2022, 05:14:02 PM »
There's an idea for Messrs Flintoff, Harris and McGuinness there :)
they could test the Baby Dior Stroller buggy ... a snip at 3600 ... bet it's great off road

Offline Redcap244

• Account Suspended
    • Awards
« Reply #7941 on: July 04, 2022, 06:00:28 PM »
hang on
3,600 for a kids buggy ?

my Volvo XC70 only cost me 5,500, and it's lasted me, so far, over 10 years.

wonder how may yummy mummy's would buy these things if they had to pay pavement tax,

now there is an idea for  any Treasury>:D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 06:29:06 PM by Newportnobby, Reason: Obvious political target amended to a more general one »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #7942 on: July 04, 2022, 06:30:41 PM »
hang on
3,600 for a kids buggy ?

my Volvo XC70 only cost me 5,500, and it's lasted me, so far, over 10 years.

Yeah, but you can't (maybe read 'shouldn't') run your Volvo along the pavement and take it into shops :no:

Offline dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #7943 on: July 04, 2022, 06:59:02 PM »

Yeah, but you can't (maybe read 'shouldn't') run your Volvo along the pavement and take it into shops :no:

Or into model railway exhibitions!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Redcap244

• Account Suspended
    • Awards
« Reply #7944 on: July 04, 2022, 07:42:17 PM »
just getting my own back on the back-pack brigade  >:D

Offline Redcap244

• Account Suspended
    • Awards
« Reply #7945 on: July 04, 2022, 07:53:09 PM »
sorry, I thought the XC70 was an off road vehicle,  :D

keep death off the road, drive on the pavement !

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #7946 on: July 13, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
I've now been on the phone to NHS Patient Transport Service (PTS) for 29 minutes with no sign of my call being answered. I'm told every 30 seconds they are busy and an adviser will answer as soon as possible. Yeah, right.
It's a freephone number but that's not the point. If they keep refusing to answer I'll have to cancel my op due for next Wednesday. :censored:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
    • Awards
« Reply #7947 on: July 18, 2022, 09:31:34 AM »
More  :poop:
Myself and my 2 sisters are executors of my Mother's will, sale of house etc. and I accept our ID needs to be verified. So far the entire world and its brother has accepted a certified copy of driving licence which the dear Post Office nobbles you 12.75 for, a simple matter of does my licence look like me - Yes?- hand over the dosh.
The Conveyancer we're using requested a certified copy of our driving licence so we all got that done. A week passes then they contact me again and say a Post Office one is not acceptable and we must get one signed by a solicitor/notary. Why not tell us that in the first place? Instead we run round like headless chickens spending dosh on something they won't accept :doh:
Only a few Post Offices know about certifying licences anyway. Others just look at you blankly and say 'we don't do licences - that's the DVLA' ::)

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #7948 on: July 18, 2022, 09:19:49 PM »
Stick the license in his face and ask him if it looks like you. What a performance.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #7949 on: July 18, 2022, 09:59:43 PM »
Offer them the serial number of your pacemaker.  :D

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31