Would You Be Interested In An NGF 10 Year Wagon/Van? - available now!,

Started by Tank, January 01, 2021, 09:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I have one of the NGF 21T hoppers and would go for a 10th Anniversary model.
Speaking personally, I'd prefer something like a Dapol Fruit D with maybe 'N Gauge Forum - first with the news' on it. After all, many of us run parcels trains, do we not? :D

RailGooner

The NGF is a global community - members and models from all over the world. Any wagon is going to sit uncomfortably amongst some collections, by being the wrong scale/nationality/era.

The decal idea would overcome the above dilemma, but might present another - turning off those who aren't confident in applying decals.

Another option to consider and one that avoids both the above quandaries is, a wagon load. The right choice could work in any scale/nationality/era and wouldn't require any certain skill from the purchaser.

zwilnik

We added an NGF 4 wheel tanker wagon when we wrote Tiny TrackZ a few years ago. This is a screenshot of the prototype.

I'd definitely be up for another NGF wagon. As suggested above, the letters make more sense as a prototype than the full text but a mail or papers van of some sort as NewportNobby mentioned would also be cool.

Roy L S

I think it is a great idea, for me something slightly larger that a 10ft wheelbase wagon like the Dapol 21T hopper or Fruit D (as Mick suggested) would seem suitable. I would elect to have NGF lettering applied (I don't like the idea of transfers personally, not because I can't apply them, rather I feel it defeats the object of a "special" wagon if not uniquely RTR - just my opinion).

I can just visualise a 21T hopper in grey lettered "NGF 10" or similar subtly inserted in train of mineral wagons...

Roy

Rowlie

I like the idea and wondered if it could be a road vehicle that could sit at the station etc.? The livery/ decal I would of thought wouldn't matter as much as a railway based vehicle, of course there would be question of era and unfortunately I have no idea if you can get custom printed vehicles. R
Best regards
Rowlie

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: daffy on January 02, 2021, 11:01:43 AM
But as my layout and collection is 99% Swiss, I would like to suggest - with no real seriousness - that to satisfy myself and all other Continental and Worldwide modellers as well as the UK contingent, a suitable passenger carriage could be emblazoned with something like "N Gauge Forum 10th Anniversary World Tour - Modellers on the Move!". 

Individual modellers could then add model Forum members of their choice to occupy the seats. (Every model purchased would of course be pre-fitted with a seated figure of Chris @Tank ).

:D

Now that's a scary thought!  :goggleeyes:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on January 02, 2021, 02:13:03 PM

Now that's a scary thought!

That is very true - and it could be dangerous. Imagine what might happen if your cape got sucked out of an open window.  :goggleeyes:
David.

dannyboy

@Tank. It seems the majority are in favour. I mentioned - as did someone else, (seems ages ago), a commemorative mug and/or a wagon, of any description. So I would be happy with either, (or both  ;)). Just let me know where to send the money.  :)
David.

javlinfaw7

How about a wagon of similar size to a 20 ton mineral wagon with NGF 10 or similar applied graffiti style over a standard livery.

thebrighton

Quote from: dannyboy on January 02, 2021, 02:25:30 PM
It seems the majority are in favour.
At the moment with 32 definite votes out of 75 cast it doesn't say majority to me ;)

dannyboy

@thebrighton
I was using the statisticians angle - only 21.3%, (at the time of writing), have said 'no'.  :P.  (As has been said many times, you can make statistics say owt you want!).
David.

Papyrus

It doesn't really matter whether there is a majority in favour or not. What matters is if there are enough members wanting to buy one to make it a worthwhile enterprise. I'd certainly buy one. I'd opt for either a tank wagon or a GUV. And, yes, I still have, and run, my white NGS wagon.

Cheers,

Chris

Dickydcc

I like the idea of a GUV, how many yes votes do you need to make it work?

Chris Morris

Does anyone know what Dapol's minimum order quantity is for a limited run? I know Bachmann always used to be 504 for 00 which is basically a box full. I also know Peco charge for the artwork and then you can have as few or as many made to that design at a standard price.

The Peco Swindon wagon was quite nice but mine doesn't come out at all. Trouble is these wagons just look so wrong with my locos.

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations