steam engine sheds

Started by mojo, November 10, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

I am aware of the availability of Peco, Ratio and Metcalfe sheds in the r.t.r. market but are there others available for a British style shed?
Maurice C.

leachsprite4

Osbournes do a nice gwr one in the arch laser models series

mojo

Thanks for the reply, I should have noted that I am looking for a 2 road shed, preferably in stone finish but would consider brick.
Maurice

leachsprite4

Dorsetmike

If all else fails get a brick one closest to your needs then either cover it with an embossed plasticard or download a stonne texture from Scalescenes and stick that on. I've done a similar exercise with a plastic goods shed kit covered in Slaters embossed stone plasticard. Not the best view, quick shot of a work in progress (currently stalled)

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

RailGooner

mr bachmann

bilteze card kit about £1-50 ?

mojo

Thanks for all the replies.
I came across the Faller one yesterday whilst trawling through engine sheds on ebay.
Looks promising.
Maurice

Jerry Howlett

Faller ?.  I thought you were looking for a British style shed.   That one is so foreign.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Les1952

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 10, 2018, 04:24:07 PM
Ideally I think you need the long discontinued Lyddle End East engine shed ref N8850................

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Hornby-N8850-Skaledale-Lyddle-End-East-Engine-Shed/1159938247

More pics here.......

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lyddle+end+n8850&client=opera&hs=Gbt&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjLkM6ZncreAhWsLsAKHQVSA7oQ7Al6BAgEEA0&biw=1326&bih=658

Problem with the Lyddle End shed is that it hasn't much headroom to the doors.  The one on Hawthorn Dene needed to be mounted on a plinth to even take a Farish Jinty

Les

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations