Quote from: ScottyStitch on March 11, 2015, 02:14:47 PM
Blimey, mate, that escalated quickly!

Yeah; patronising folk will do that

ScottyStitch

Quote from: jivebunny on March 11, 2015, 02:12:56 PM
Quote from: FeelixTC on March 11, 2015, 02:06:46 PM
Quote from: ScottyStitch on March 11, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

Nobody? The biggest sweeping statement of this whole thread. :smiley-laughing:

Let's do a straw poll then; come on, hands up?

Seems a bit irrelevant to be honest. When you consider that Dapol simply ignore messages and even parcels from unhappy customers who want them to fix a faulty product, it's a bit naïve to think that a message telling them how you spent 30 minutes fixing it yourself will go anywhere other than their Deleted Items folder.

JB

Either of those options is certainly likely to be 100% more productive than bleating about it on a toy train forum.

red_death

Quote from: FeelixTC on March 11, 2015, 01:35:45 PM
Quote from: red_death on March 11, 2015, 01:32:58 PM

My point was not necessarily about QC. The example I gave of things becoming loose or mal-aligned in transit is almost impossible to solve - QC, testing and even design (unless you can come up with something radically different) won't necessarily solve those sorts of problems.

Mike

But it's still not the purchasers problem is it?

Actually it is if the expectation is unrealistic! If we are creating an impossible to meet target for the manufacturers then it is partly our problem, particularly if the remedy is within our hands.

No one is suggesting for one minute that people should replace faulty components/blown circuit boards/ start soldering things, but parts that can potentially move in transit the only solutions are don't include them (not really very practical).  Just saying not my problem doesn't help anyone. If we can't think of solutions and we know there are problems but expect perfection then we will only be disappointed.

But I agree with Jivebunny - we are so far away from the OP's post now that we are not doing any good.

FeelixTC

Quote from: ScottyStitch on March 11, 2015, 02:17:02 PM

Either of those options is certainly likely to be 100% more productive than bleating about it on a toy train forum.

In which case - top right; click that red X

..........or are you just here to be inflamatory?

jivebunny

$

Edit: See?

ScottyStitch

Quote from: FeelixTC on March 11, 2015, 02:18:44 PM
Quote from: ScottyStitch on March 11, 2015, 02:17:02 PM

In which case - top right; click that red X

..........or are you just here to be inflamatory?

Jeeze, you're certainly one to bite, aren't you?

(In true pedantic style, I have to advise that I use a Mac, so there is no red 'x' in the top right, okay?)

Okay, here's the thing. No I'm not here to be inflammatory, but the discussion came around to possible ways for easy fixes, where applicable, you know, people actually trying to help. But you and others weren't having any of it. which is fine. But the real issue for you is that it's okay for you to make sweeping generalisations, but when someone challenges you on it, even in a lighthearted way, that, somehow,is not allowed. It's patronising. And remember, I didn't offend you, you TOOK offence.

So grow up and get on with your toy trains.

Happy modelling!

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Only Me on March 11, 2015, 02:25:51 PM

Thread getting boring now, keep your ranting to yourselves Warrior Men :D

No problem.

FeelixTC

Quote from: red_death on March 11, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
............. but expect perfection then we will only be disappointed.

Perhaps then, we could start a thread; "I got lucky; my RTR model worked out of the box!"?

FeelixTC

Quote from: ScottyStitch on March 11, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
But the real issue for you is that it's okay for you to make sweeping generalisations, but when someone challenges you on it, even in a lighthearted way, that, somehow,is not allowed. It's patronising. And remember, I didn't offend you, you TOOK offence.

So grow up and get on with your toy trains.

Happy modelling!

No. The patronising came from your personal comments; I don't believe you are a Doctor and you shouldn't, therefore, be prescribing 'pills'. Neither are you my 'mate'

Sprintex

That's enough of the petty sniping I think!

:locked:

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations