Farish / Dapol Collectors clubs ?

Started by Westbury, April 01, 2015, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

Quote from: georgehgv on July 29, 2016, 12:39:26 PM
Tony try this link,

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/
Yeah, not seeing anything there that relates to the collectors club. Had to check on my phone because that page won't display on my work PC.

No worries, I was only curious.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

georgehgv

Andrea has replied and forwarded my email for a link to Collectors Club to Neal, will update when I get a reply.
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

Latest Youtube video is here.

https://youtu.be/x50gYil5tAs

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=30850.0

georgehgv

Quote from: georgehgv on July 29, 2016, 12:58:01 PM
Andrea has replied and forwarded my email for a link to Collectors Club to Neal, will update when I get a reply.

Here from Neal is what to do...

I have had our web site guru make up a banner which cycles through on the top of our website. If you go to www.dapol.co.uk and wait a few seconds you should come across the following....

If you press on the big banner it should take people through to the joining instruction forms. Alternatevly I have also arranged for there to be a joining facility in the drop down menu of the shop section of the website. If the people you have mentioned are still having difficulty in finding the right place to join they simply have to type dapol collectors club into the search bar of our website and this will take them to the right place.

I hope this answers the queries your friends have had. I also hope you enjoyed issue 10 of the magazine, I have started working on issue 11 if you have any material you think others may be interested in reading about please feel free to e-mail me an article.... You never know there may be a prize in it for you...

so there you all go, a rapid response and a quick fix. thanks Neal
Another house move despite "never again" has given me a second floor layout so Geominster Mainline & Heritage Line will be modified and enlarged with siding storage.

My Facebook Diary is Geominster if anyone wants to view it please ask, it is a private group requiring acceptance, thanks.

This then is my third version modified which has been improved from previous efforts and lessons learned.

Geominster was my first project which has now been dismantled. Having learnt so much from  previous Geominster projects this is the latest one.

austinbob

Just noticed that ALL Farish collectors club items are out of stock and I mean EVERYTHING - N gauge and OO gauge. - That just has to be a glitch doesn't it??
??? :hmmm:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Malc

Why does the Dapol Collectors Club membership not last a year from when you join? I joined in October a couple of years ago and was asked to renew the following January.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

potts

It has now changed, that does not apply anymore  :beers:

dannyboy

Going on recent comments regarding the Dapol club, I decided to join. Once I had sent my payment, I realised that I had not allowed for any postage. I sent an email and got a reply the following day, stating that, even though I was in Ireland, there was no charge for postage - excellent, makes a change from some companies who charge ridiculous amounts to send things to Ireland. My membership pack arrived within a week, but the membership card was in the wrong name. I rang Dapol and was informed that there was "no one in the club at the moment, but they would ring me back", even though I was in Ireland. A couple of hours later, Andrea rang very apologetic and said she would get the correct one to me - it arrived within a week. The membership now lasts for 12 months from the date of the joining. So far, I am impressed.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on August 07, 2016, 11:06:14 AM
Just noticed that ALL Farish collectors club items are out of stock and I mean EVERYTHING - N gauge and OO gauge. - That just has to be a glitch doesn't it??
All back to normal this morning..
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

Quote from: austinbob on August 08, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

Having planned and executed such a daring heist what made you have a rethink, Bob? ;)

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on August 08, 2016, 10:57:29 AM
Quote from: austinbob on August 08, 2016, 10:36:23 AM

Having planned and executed such a daring heist what made you have a rethink, Bob? ;)
Not me Guv.. For I while I'd thought you might have bought up all the Farish collectors club items to sell on ebay at exhorbitant prices. But my faith in you has been restored after all the items are back on sale!!
:) :) :beers:

Bob Austin

Fardap

I have been a member of the Bachmann club since 2013 when I was in France, at that time I decided not to join the Dapol one due to a lot of posts on forums when researching it.
Once back in UK and earlier this year things started to look up for the Dapol club so thought I would at least try it for a year... I have to say it has been great they have obviously had a number of personnel changes there and all seemingly for the better. I have on the back of the membership decided to venture across country to the Open day and have just yesterday had a call from Andrea confirming some details, great service.

The only minor niggle I would have is that the 15% discount on shop purchases, thank you, is not applicable to the monthly specials... bargains as they are it would just give you the feeling that the membership was really getting you something more than anyone else. :hmmm:

The Dapol magazine seems to be improving and along with the online Digest really is providing customer feedback/ownership which is great.  :claphappy:

georgehgv

Thoroughly agree an incentive like extra discount on purchases or even free postage would make you feel you have the edge

snail

So I signed up to all the clubs at TINGS (Dapol, Graham Farish and N Gauge society)

Absolute credit to Dapol, I had all the welcome pack, the lot by Wednesday the following week!
last night I received my N Gauge society membership card, but alas nothing from Graham Farish... is it normal to wait a couple of weeks?  :hmmm:

Also, I unfortunately cannot make the Dapol open day  :( but would anyone have an idea of what the collectors club wagon would be? they have photos for the exclusive locos but nothing of rolling stock!
it sounds like it should be a good day too, I'm annoyed I cant make it.

:thankyousign:
Dale

Fardap

Any updates on Farish Dale?

I went to the Dapol open day, was interesting and I guess as it was Wales they organised a mass scrum for the NQP items, was funny to watch!
Well worth going and some nice bargains on offer, although the pricing was the same as TINGS I think, good though, still made me open the wallet  :worried:

georgehgv

The result of the scrum for me was well worth it, a Schools and a Pannier and a 9F all fixed and running. Total cost for the three £80. :claphappy:

Under going running in and awaiting a smaller chip.

Schools with the tender to loco link repaired

Black Pannier missing handrail

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations