The Future is Electric - Electra EMU News

Started by Adam1701D, April 12, 2011, 08:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

Just a quick update on where I am with some exciting EMU projects.

Class 302 (LT&S) - Cast ends now in stock and artwork complete - on sale later this week

Class 310 AM10 - First cast ends received and prototype test build underway

Class 312 - as per 310 - artwork complete for the 312 and 310, in Blue / Blue/Grey, NSE, Regional Railways and First Great Eastern

Class 365 / 465 / 466 Networker - Totally new project involving Bob's Cast 165 ends, TPM Bogies and Farish Mk2 Bodyshell. This is more of an involved conversion project as some work will be required on the donor shells - generally removing the cantrail and roof detail from the Mk2 and fitting new bogies and driving cab ends. The following versions will be available:

Class 365 Networker Express - Network SouthEast, Connex SouthEastern and First Capital Connect
Class 465/0, 465/1 - BREL York built Networkers - NSE, Connex, SET liveries
Class 465/2, 465/9, 466 - Metro-Cammell built Networkers - liveries as per 465/0

So, quite a few new units in the pipeline - no excuses for not laying some third rail of sticking up some Dapol masts now  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

REFaust

Great news Capt. Any update on the Class 313 or the forthcoming motorising unit?

R E Faust

Tank

NTrain

Quote from: REFaust on April 12, 2011, 09:53:41 AM
Great news Capt. Any update on the Class 313 or the forthcoming motorising unit?

R E Faust

Waiting on me getting a plug for my pressure pot so I can start casting 313 bodies.

Waiting on finding space to set up my milling machine so I can machine up the master for the chassis block ready for making a mould. This is the problem area because we have moved into a flat and I have no workspace..............

REFaust

Quote from: NTrain on April 12, 2011, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: REFaust on April 12, 2011, 09:53:41 AM

R E Faust

Waiting on me getting a plug for my pressure pot so I can start casting 313 bodies.

Waiting on finding space to set up my milling machine so I can machine up the master for the chassis block ready for making a mould. This is the problem area because we have moved into a flat and I have no workspace..............

Ahh ok, well here's hoping it can be sorted out soon :)  The motor chassis particularly will be a godsend for those wanting to build DMU's/EMU's

R E Faust

:Class37: :NGFWagonTour: :NGFWagonTour:

porkie

these sound great
Are they 3rd rail EMU's Or OHLE ?
As im not all that good with emu numbers
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

REFaust

Quote from: porkie on April 12, 2011, 01:41:57 PM
these sound great
Are they 3rd rail EMU's Or OHLE ?
As im not all that good with emu numbers

Some are thrid rail only I believe and some like the 313 are both.

There is a wealth on info on wiki if you want to learn more.

R E Faust

:Class414: :Class414:

Adam1701D

The 313s are dual voltage - originally intended for the DC only tunnels to Moorgate, with AC to letchworth, Welwyn and Hertford. The units have been more widespread, since going to the North London and Euston - Watford AC lines before replacement with 378s and now Southern services from Brighton to Seaford.

Most 313s still ply their trade from Moorgate along the Great Northern, 25 years on  :)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Adam1701D

Here's the side artwork for the Class 465/0 (BREL) in NSE and SET liveries

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

:o  Stop making me spend my kids dinner money. ;D

So, what are the donor vehicle(s) for the 465?

Adam1701D

It's being designed around the trusty GF Mk2 with Bob's 165 ends and TPM BREL T3 bogies. It's going to be a much more involved conversion job, as the ends require some fettling to fit the Mk2 shell, which also needs the roof detail removing along with the cantrails. It also wouldn't hurt to try to reprofile the inner ends slightly as well.

I have a test shell underway and will post some pics as it progresses.

OK, there's a bit more work required than a standard ERG conversion, but if the end result is a hitherto totalyl unmodelled unit, it's got to be worth it!  :)
:Class91:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

Mk2's......sounds easy enough to me, I would just need to find the time.  :D

My 166 should be done by Thursday.  Just the painted lights, the NSE Flash and numbers to fit.

Lawrence

Never, ever thought I would say this, but the top one of the two would almost tempt me to do a British layou.

Nice work Adam  :(

:smiley-laughing:

Adam1701D

Hi Mark,

Not quite -the vinyl only arrived by courier this afternoon. Give me a day or two and all shall be well :-)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Adam1701D

Another new odditity coming soon - "The Strawberry Hill Beastie"

It's an ex Class 501 DMBS with a secondary cab fitted that saw use as the Strawberry Hill depot shunter in NSE days. Just the thing to go with the forthcoming ERG Networkers.

Here's a pic of the real thing:

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/977385

Just got to get the right shade of Malachite Green sorted now.

:Class91:

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations