Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinZaPint and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Malc

My better half just had a crown fitted. Cost me £475. Hope yours are a bit cheaper Mick.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on October 22, 2018, 11:24:42 AM
My better half just had a crown fitted. Cost me £475. Hope yours are a bit cheaper Mick.

:ouch: Was it one of HM's cast offs, Malc? ;)
Probably best if I keep schtum about the cost of mine :zippedmouth:

daffy

Sympathies Mick.

My NHS dental practice usually has three or four dentists. For the last six months they've had one.
Result? The crown replacement I need has been ongoing for two months! :( therefore I've had no crown now, just a root canal repair so far, for the whole of that time.
Trouble is it's one of my top front teeth, so I have a rather large hole in my smile that my 5 year old grand-daughter describes as "disgusting".
Should get a temporary crown on Thursday, I hope.

I've decided they call it a 'practice' cos they are always practicing ON ME! :D
N.B. Using the American spellings here just for fun.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

The problem originated when the hospital smashed my top 4 front teeth whilst resuscitating me when I was having my triple bypass 2½ years ago (emergency intubation). The dentist built them up again with amalgam but they've become discoloured and now it needs to be a 'proper' job.
I do like to smile nicely at people but not at present :no:

GroupC

A friend of mine's found out he's got a brain tumour.

Nothing I can add to that really.

steve836

If you want dental work doing I suggest you go to Goa. I had a set of dentures made cost £60 ( £250 on the NHS) Lots of folks go there just to have implants or veneers done at a fraction of the cost in the UK.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

I don't have a passport as I swore I would never travel by air again unless it was above 'cattle class' and I also want access to the dentist if things go awry :uneasy:

Quote from: GroupC on October 22, 2018, 04:55:51 PM
A friend of mine's found out he's got a brain tumour.

There's nothing anyone can really add but I wish your friend all the best. They can do wonders these days.

RailGooner

I'm unhappy with my electronic pepper mill. It's barely a year old and on the blink. :thumbsdown:

Can anyone recommend a reliable replacement?

steve836

Why do you want an electric one when it only takes a couple of twists with a manual one to give you enough pepper for your dish ? ???
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

And if the person concerned has only one hand?
The problem with social media is such details are unknown and assumptions are made which could cause hurt to the person involved.

RailGooner

Fortunately I have all my fingers, toes, etc. intact and in reasonable working order. But I'm a child of the 20th Century made lazy by advances in technology and manufacturing. Thirty years ago, I'd get up and walk across the room to switch channels on the telly. Now I pass the remote to MBH - can't even be bothered to press a button myself. I really should be using Speech-to-Text software to type this, but I can't be bothered with filling out a Purchase Order.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 05, 2018, 09:35:22 AM
And if the person concerned has only one hand?
The problem with social media is such details are unknown and assumptions are made which could cause hurt to the person involved.

It wasn't aimed specifically at Steve, but it's something we all need to be aware of as a couple of times dyslexia sufferers have been upset. We just aren't necessarily cognisant of others' problem.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 05, 2018, 12:03:45 PM
We just aren't necessarily cognisant of others' problem.

That is so true. Up to a couple of years ago, I used to look at 'fat' people and wonder what they were doing to themselves. When my late Sister had her final round of treatment for cancer, she put on an awful lot of weight. When I see a 'fat' person now, I have to stop and think.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

The EDP local paper headline to a page of WW1 text....

"12,000 lives were lost in Norfolk during WW1"

They couldn't be bothered to honour those men by getting it right, 12,000 lives were lost BY men of Norfolk in Northern France and Belgium..

http://www.edp24.co.uk/features/peace-souvenir-a-timeless-record-of-the-end-of-wwi-1-5761119?fbclid=IwAR0_7hJDRJjsFY_rZ3qTNzBpAPkM07CKXiyhk9OVxn40TG8oKQ5xMViDUNA

Newportnobby

This is more a 'feeling sorry for myself' post but I've been to the dentist this morning to have 4 temporary crowns which involved 3 injections in my top lip. I am now many pounds poorer, am sat drinking coffee through a straw and with kitchen roll handy, and feel like I've been punched in the cakehole while I wait for the swelling to go down. In two weeks time I have to go and get the 'proper' ones fitted and will be even poorer after that. OK, I'll have a nice smile but C*******s has had it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations