Gallery / images number of thumbnail per page

Started by ntpntpntp, October 13, 2019, 08:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntpntpntp

Is there a setting to increase the number of pictures per page when going through the thumbnails of images on "My Gallery" and "My Images"?   

I always try and re-use images I've previously uploaded rather than upload again, but find that only 10 images per page really isn't enough, it's a pain having to go through so many pages to locate an image to grab its BB code to re-use in a post!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Bealman

A good point. I use exactly the same strategy - using old pics rather than take new ones, and having more pictures per page would most certainly make life easier.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

At some point when an outsider was faffing with it the page now only contains 10 images rather than the original 12 so there are now more pages in everyone's galleries

Dorsetmike

There is a tick box to select 10,20 or 30 per pqge but it';s not working.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Only Me on October 14, 2019, 11:08:47 AM
upped to 20 thumbs per page, but BTW in the top RH corner of your gallery you can now select 60 per page if you wish...

Yay - much betterer!    Thanks for that.  As an IT software developer I do like things to be configurable/selectable where applicable.

I upped it to 60 on my gallery.  It seems to have an effect on "My Images" too which is great, though I don't see the same dropdowns for number of items and sorting options on that page.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Bealman

Yep, heaps better. Thanks!  :thumbsup:

I haven't tried on my laptop yet, but on my phone, when I select 60, it just keeps going back to 20, though.  ???

Newportnobby

Now I have an issue with 20 thumbs running into any adverts etc on the RHS.........

dannyboy

Sorry Mick, @Newportnobby , I have just gone through 20 - 40 to 60 and no problem here. (Win10).  ???
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 14, 2019, 09:31:38 PM
Now I have an issue with 20 thumbs running into any adverts etc on the RHS.........

That's what happens on my phone. I can't see the button on the right hand side - it's behind the adverts!!

dannyboy

I clicked on the 'Go' button, to the right of 'Order' if that helps.
David.

Bealman

Unfortunately, I can't even see the go button, yet alone get to it. It's totally overlain by the advert.

ntpntpntp

Sorry but phones are for talking to people, use a 'pooter to look at t'internet!   :D  :D   

No problems at all here, Chrome on Win 8  (and fine on Win 10 too).

It looks like the style of the thumbnails page has changed from 4-up to 5-up, it that what's causing @Newportnobby
and @Bealman problems?

I vote it stays as it is now (or maybe revert to 4-up but keep the larger number of items per page), it's much more useful.

Bealman

Yep, just checked on me laptop. It's fine there. Changed it to 60 with the go button, no problem.

Heaps more convenient!!  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: ntpntpntp on October 14, 2019, 10:34:48 PM
Sorry but phones are for talking to people, use a 'pooter to look at t'internet!   :D  :D   

I use a laptop. The attitude of some just makes me not care any more, though :unimpressed:

dannyboy

Unless you have a bog standard phone these days, phones are not really phones - they are little computers that have the ability to make phone calls.
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations