Personal Messages

Started by Tonye, April 07, 2019, 02:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

:hellosign:, I was wondering , can the moderators read the personal messages?. The reason I ask is that on the O gauge Forum they can and a couple of people have objected?. I never reveal to much anyway.
Tony Hubbard
Tony .H

Newportnobby

I can assure you I don't have that capability or desire.
This Gros Frère is not watching you :no:

Malc

Any pictures you post in a message will appear in the gallery though and can be seen by anyone. Don't ask me how I know.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Tank

No, everything is encrypted and I can assure you that I have never read a PM from anyone on here, unless reported by the receiver.

I will know if mass PM's are sent though, which is suspicious.  ;)

Caz

Just to confirm, non of the moderators can access personal messages, they are just that, "personal messages".
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

You wouldn't want to look at mine anyway - most of the recent ones are me complaining about me ankle  :no:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tonye

:thankyousign: to all that replied. They are still arguing about this topic on the O gauge forum and what to do about it. The subject had never crossed my mind until I read what is happening elsewhere .
Tony .H

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on April 08, 2019, 10:32:41 AM
Quote from: Tonye on April 08, 2019, 09:15:37 AM
:thankyousign: to all that replied. They are still arguing about this topic on the O gauge forum and what to do about it. The subject had never crossed my mind until I read what is happening elsewhere .

Its probable they just have a vanilla install of SMF, which doesn't have the encryption and they don't have the collective knowledge to enable it and convert the database into encrypted form....

Yeah - wot he said :dunce: :confused2: :confused1:

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31